16

Andy

I watched as Javier walked into the room with a tray of food in his hand. After setting it onto the table next to me, he took a seat at the foot of my bed, sighing heavily.

"What's so amazing about me that you felt the need to have to kidnap me, Javier?"

He gave me a pointed look. "It was your own choice to come here, Andy. I only provoked you - well, blackmailed - and you decided to come."

"To save Jack from a lifestyle he'd never survive. He's only 19. What made you think he'll be okay after this?"

Javier shrugged, looking at his feet as he pulled them up to his chest. "I didn't."

"So why keep me here, then? To ruin me mentally? You have no reason to keep me here. We're not together anymore; you're literally doing this out of spite and anger, to be completely honest. And you know as well as I do that this will somehow have an effect on you, too."

"Just...just eat that." He got up and left, locking the door again.

I was so incredibly confused. Why keep me here, without any reason whatsoever, and still be able to look so guilty about it? He didn't have to even bring me food, either, yet he still did.

I looked at the food, leaving it untouched, and just closed my eyes. The rumble from the rain outside soothed my aching head and I slowly drifted to sleep.

In the morning

It was fair to say I was close to shitting myself when I woke up to see 3 guys, not including Javier, were staring down at me, obviously as puzzled as I was.

"Who the fuck is this, Jav?" One of them seemed more confused than the rest, and my instinct told me he was the idiot of the group. Other than Javier, of course.

"You know who, idiot," one of the others replied. He whispered in the guy's ear, and looked back at me, clearly knowing me. But I had no clue who he was.

"Enjoying the boy toy?" The fool smirked, trying to look smug yet failing massively.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I snapped.

They laughed, clutching their stomachs. "What you don't know won't hurt you, honey. Or it might. We haven't decided yet." The blonde one, the guy who seemed to know me, sat down.

"How's things?" I stayed silent, just scowling. "Really? You're going to do this?"

I continued to stay silent, but when Javier threw something at me, I jumped out of my skin. I stared at the bag, not touching it. Fuck knows what he might've put on it.

"Look inside. It's not going to bite."

I looked at the other guys warily, before reaching for the bag. Blondie put a hand on mine quickly, and pulled away.

"His hands are freezing, man."

"So? You want me to give him gloves?"

Blondie pulled Javier away, telling him something in a low voice. He didn't give him a chance to reply, taking his seat again. "Open the bag, then."

I opened it slowly, confused when I saw what was in there. It was a phone.

"For your music or whatever. You won't be able to call anyone or download anything, apart from whatever music you feel like."

"Why?"

"I don't know. 'Cos I felt like it?" Javier headed towards the door, telling the others to come with him.

"Bye, love," Blondie smiled. I kept a straight face, just wanting him to leave. They did, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

What the hell did he mean by 'boy toy'?

I looked down at the phone, contemplating whether I should let my anger take over and chuck the device across the room. I decided against it, resting my head against the wall.

Rye

"How did you decide you were gay? Was it Andy?" Mikey turned to me, an inquisitive look on his face.

"Not entirely. Before RoadTrip, when I was in that other relationship, I told myself I was bi. That I liked boys as much as I liked girls. I told myself that for a long time. and accepted that it wasn't what people wanted to hear. But Andy changed my whole view on girls. He made me realise that the attraction for girls wasn't there anymore. And I'm okay with that." Mikey nodded, staring out of the window of my room. "Why?"

He looked back, shaking his head. "No, I was just curious."

"I want him back so badly, Mike. That very first day we saw him, at the View My Gig in Bristol, he looked as beautiful as he does now. I might regret this, but State Of Mind splitting up was probably the best thing to happen to us, aside from RoadTrip." I started humming Song About A Songwriter, smiling at the memory of watching Andy perform it on stage for the first time. Mikey picked up a guitar laying on the floor, running his fingers over it.

"You should try and learn it. So that when Andy comes back, you can surprise him with it. He'd love it."

I grinned, loving the suggestion. "Do you think?"

"I really do, mate," Mikey smiled back.

"Could you help me?"

He nodded, sitting beside me. He pulled up the video, and we started to analyse it. Having the guitar in my hands gave me comfort, reminding me of the blonde boy that changed my life completely. I loved being in State Of Mind, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't have fallen for a beautiful boy if we hadn't split. And having Mikey by my side for this long, it was incredible. I was eternally grateful for this opportunity.

"Rye?" Mikey's voice snapped me back to reality as I realised the song had finished. I apologised and we continued, working for who knows how long. By 4am, we were delirious from the lack of sleep and basically being crazy.

"Should we go out?"

I laughed at his suggestion. "Mike, it's 4 in the morning. I think we should sleep."

"I don't wanna," my best friend whined. "Ooh, look at the lamp post outside. Isn't she beautiful?"

"Mike, I think you should go to sleep, mate. We both should."

He continued chatting absolute shit, making my sides hurt from laughing so much. I was wheezing, begging him to stop.

"You're right, I guess. Good night, Ryannnn." He passed out in a second on Harvey's bed, and I followed suit, not bothering to move him.

A/N I know this chapter was shorter than usual, but I didn't really know what else to write. Hope you all have a good day/night and I love you xx