17

I'd recommend listening to this song whilst reading :)

Andy

I woke up to hear clattering and shouting outside of my door. Javier was angrier than usual, and a gunshot fired to silence everyone. I kept to my bed, afraid the door would swing open in my face if I went up to it. Besides, I could hear everything.

"We need to move, Javi! It's not safe here anymore," one of them said.

"Do none of you remember how to use a fucking gun? Huh? I taught you all, remember? If we do come across people, we have guns! Use them, for fuck's sake."

"But they'll know we're here. We have to go. NOW."

"Ugh, whatever. If we get found out, it's on all of your heads. Got it?"

They all agreed reluctantly, shuffling away from my crazy ex.

"Andy?"

The door opened to reveal a furious looking Javier, gun poised and ready to shoot.

"Hurry up. We're leaving."

I stayed put, trying not to show how scared I was. He had a gun in his hand.

"No. I'm not going anywhere."

"Andy, hurry the fuck up. I'm not wasting my time arguing with you."

"Why don't you let me go, then? If you don't want to argue with me, then let me go. I won't breathe a word, I swear."

"Baby, I can't make sure of that."

My vision faded as everything went black. I heard shouting and above all, a gunshot.

I'm sorry, Rye.

Rye

I woke up to find Mikey nowhere, the flat weirdly quiet. I felt something uneasy in the pit of my stomach, just sensing something was wrong.

The TV was left on, but there was no sign of the boys. I turned the volume up on the TV, going to make myself a cup of tea. The news was on, the reader rambling on. Suddenly, the story changed.

"Last night, it was reported by passers by, who heard a gun shot, that a body was found in the basement of a secluded house on the outskirts of Bristol, murdered by what seemed to be a gun. The young man is thought to be someone who disappeared from Slough in London just days ago, Andrew Fowler. More information later."

The cup fell to the floor, smashing. I crumpled against the counter, feeling utterly numb. I couldn't even cry. My emotions were a mix of anger, sadness, emptiness, guilt, just a feeling of being lost. My best friend was gone, and I didn't even get the chance to ask him to be my boyfriend. I never got the chance to start anything.

He would never have a future, he'd never have the chance to make it big in the band like he wanted to. All because I just had to intervene with him and Javier. I knew he could do it himself, so why did I get involved?

"Rye!"

Brook and the others came through the flat, chatting happily. And I was about to fuck it all up.

"Rye, what is it?" Mikey ran over, ignoring the fragments of my cup. I stayed silent for a minute, then broke down in his arms.

"Andy," I sobbed.

"I know, Rye. We'll get him back, you know we will."

"It's n-not that, Mike."

I rewinded the TV until it played the story about Andy, crying uncontrollably. Mikey held me as they watched in horror, starting to cry as well.

"I'm sorry, Rye," Brook mumbled, his voice cracking.

"But how are we so sure it's him? It could be a lookalike."

I lifted my head off Mikey's chest. "Nobody can look as beautiful as him, Mikey."

I sighed, wiping my tears away. "I'm going to my room. Don't knock, please."

I slammed my door shut, locking it. Taking out my phone, I smiled at the lock screen. It was me and Andy, his arms around my neck. We were both laughing into the camera, and I could see the love in my own eyes. I hadn't even realised I liked my best friend then. I'd been too caught up in my own problems.

Here I am waking up

Still can't sleep on your side

There's your coffee cup

The lipstick stain fades with time

If I can dream long enough

You'd tell me I'd be just fine

I'll be just fine

So I drown it out like I always do

Dancing through our house

With the ghost of you

And I chase it down With a shot of truth

Dancing through our house

With the ghost of you

Cleaning up today

Found that old Zepplin shirt

You wore when you ran away

And no one could feel your hurt

We're too young, too dumb

To know things like love

But I know better now

(Better now)

So I drown it out like I always do

Dancing through our house

With the ghost of you

And I chase it down

With a shot of truth

Dancing through our house

With the ghost of you

Too young, too dumb

To know things like love

Too young, too dumb

So I drown it out like I always do

Dancing through our house

With the ghost of you

And I chase it down

With a shot of truth

That my feet don't dance

Like they did with you

I turned off the music, glancing over to my bed. My laptop was still open on the Song About A Songwriter video, and I walked over to it.

"I'll learn it. For you, Andy," I whispered into thin air.

I grabbed the guitar, and started working quietly.

Mikey (Wow, different lmao)

I stopped myself from knocking on Rye's door. He was singing softly, and I teared up a little at the choice of song. I can't imagine what he must have been going through, what was going through his mind; it was clouded by his love for Andy, and I don't blame him at all. I smiled when he then started playing the guitar. He'd spent a lot of time in the short period we'd decided to learn the song, and I was proud of him. If it put his mind at ease about Andy, then he had to be left in peace.

A/N I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'd had the idea for the chapter before writing it, and whilst writing it up, the song featured started playing. Initially, I wasn't going to include Ghost Of You, but it seemed to fit perfectly with what was happening in this chapter. Love you all xx