22

Rye

"That wasn't him?"

"No. But I assure you, we're doing everything we can to find Andy."

I looked over to Aiden, struck by confusion yet relief at the same time. "Thank you so much, DCI Gates. Bye." I hung up, utterly shocked.

"Rye? What is it?"

"The police sent Andy's body for an autopsy, and it wasn't him. It was someone else. He's alive, A," I sobbed. I fell into his chest, feeling his hand run through my hair comfortingly.

Aiden kissed my head, and I lifted it up to look at him.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yes and no. Will you be okay? I know nothing happened between us, so to speak, but something was there. I do like you, Aiden, a lot."

"But not in the way you have feelings for Andy," he smiled. "When we find him, you should ask him to be with you. You know, if you're ready then."

"I'm ready now," I smiled back softly. "I really can't thank you enough for being so supportive and caring. It makes my day a hell of a lot better."

"I'm glad. I'll be a phone call away if you ever need me, you know."

"I do. I think we should start looking for him when we can. The tour is going to take up a lot of our time, but it's pretty spaced out." (A/N I wrote this chapter a little while into the 2.0 tour)

Aiden chuckled. "Do you not think we should at least tell the boys the news first?"

"Oh yeah."

Andy

I stared in shock at the TV, then to my ex who was smirking.

"People think I'm dead," I whispered, collapsing.

"Yeah? Look, Andy," Javier started, sitting next to me. I moved away, head in my hands.

"What the fuck, Javier? Why the hell are you so obsessed with me? Why are you so intent on making me and those around me suffer so badly? We're nothing any more. You know that just as well as I do!"

"Let me speak," he said, not shouting like I'd expected him to. "I still love you, Andy. I really do. Seeing you so close to Ryan hurt me, because I've always known you don't have the same feelings for me. You were the most important person to me, other than Jess. I lost her, and I don't want to lose you too. Give me one last chance. I promise I'll let you walk straight out if I fuck this all up. Hell, you can turn me in. Please, Andy. I won't let you down."

I sighed heavily, pulling my hands out of his grip. "I moved on, Javier."

"But, be honest. Did you and Rye ever go any further?"

That made me think. We hadn't. He wasn't ready. Was I?

"You fuck up once, and I'm gone. You need to clean up the mess you made, too."

"I know. You can come and find me if you want. I've got something." Javier walked out, not locking the door like he would normally.

What was I doing? Why did I agree? Being held captive was surely better than forcing myself back into the relationship. But I don't know why I lied, either. I don't think I'd moved on, completely. I could've told Rye from the start. But I didn't, because I wanted Javier to change for the better. I knew he'd be able to, and I hadn't given him the chance.

All I had to do was wait for him to mess up, I guess. But I knew he'd try his best not to. And that's what scared me so bad.

I opened the door, looking out into the corridor. It was actually decent. I made my way through the corridors, seeing Javier and the blonde guy sat on the couch. Blondie's gaze followed as Javier stood up.

"Can I, um, surprise you?" He put a blindfold over my eyes, and I stiffened slightly as he lightly kissed the back of my neck. A hand took mine, and I was taken to the other side of the room.

"Here?" I heard Blondie in front of me.

"Take the blindfold off," Javier said, and I could hear the rare smile. I untied the blindfold, to see a beautiful guitar on a stand in front of me. I turned around, my body deciding to hug Javier.

"Thank you, Javi," I smiled. "It does mean a lot."

"Anytime. I don't want you to stop making music," he said, also handing a notebook.

Blondie tapped on my shoulder.

"Sorry about before. Truce?"

"I guess," I replied. "But, I still don't know your name."

He hesitated for a second. "Jordan."

The name sounded so familiar, but I had no idea why. So did his face, when I looked harder.

⬇️Jordan⬇️

"Something wrong?"

"Something wrong?"

"Uh, no, I just forgot what I was going to say. I'll be in my room if you need me," I said, taking the guitar. I shut my door and closed my eyes, feeling overwhelmed.

"I miss you so damn much, Rye. I don't know what I feel. I'm sorry for being so stupid," I whispered, a tear rolling down my cheek. I just wanted to be home, to feel safe. I didn't feel safe here, but I didn't want to hurt Javier.

A/N I'm sorry if this chapter was confusing, and don't kill me for what Andy thinks/does/says xx😂 Javier is a young Leo DiCaprio lookalike⬇️