23

Rye

I sat everyone down, including Robbie and Alex, telling him to turn the camera on. Aiden sat behind it.

"Rye, what is this about?" Brook asked, hands intertwined with Jack's. He had earphones in, and I beckoned to Brook, who convinced him to take them off.

"I have to tell you all something, and the Roadies and everyone else deserves to know. I'm telling everyone on camera and upload it straight after, uncut and unedited."

Aiden turned the camera on, and I sighed heavily, feeling Mikey's hand on my arm.

"Hey, guys. So, you're all going to wonder why this is being uploaded without a warning, and why it's not edited. The boys don't know what's going on, and everyone deserves to know. So, as you guys already do know, we... lost Andy because of something that happened I'm not going into any detail about. But, I got a call that said, erm... fuck. Andy is alive. The body found wasn't him, just someone who looked almost as beautiful as him." I heard Jack let out a sob, and saw he'd hidden his face with a pillow.

"Rye, what?"

I just nodded at Alex's words. "This is not a prank, a joke, nothing. It's genuine. I was the only one, up until now, to know this news, having found out just a few hours ago. I decided this was the best way, and the easiest, for everyone to know. You guys will know more once we have more info. We love you, Roadies, and thanks for watching."

I nodded for the camera to go off, getting Alex to upload it.

"Rye, why didn't you say anything before?"

"It took me all day to decide what to do, and doing it like this meant nothing would be corrupted and like I said, this was easier for me." I sat in Aiden's lap as Brook tried to comfort Jack, Mikey lost for words.

"So, how are we going to find him?"

"I don't know, Rob. I have no clue," I replied truthfully. How would we find him?

It made me think about something else, too. How could we be so sure Andy wasn't dead, too? What if Javier killed that other guy and Andy?

No, Rye. Stop thinking like that. Andy's alive, and you know that.

Aiden and I went back upstairs, and we climbed onto my bed, my head resting on his chest. I felt his heartbeat under my ear, rhythmic and constant.

"Rye, don't cry. We will find Andy," Aiden said softly, his thumb wiping a tear away. I hadn't even realised I was crying, and the reality of this all had sunk in.

"God, I miss him so much. Why the hell are we sitting around, waiting for something to happen?"

"Didn't the news story say they'd found the body in Bristol?"

I froze. Of course. Why hasn't I remembered before? But my joy didn't last even 15 seconds.

"They're bound to have moved. I don't think they'd stay in the city if they know police are going to be after them."

"It's worth a try."

I nodded. We went back downstairs where the boys were all still sat down, Jack asleep in Brook's arms.

"Guys. I think we should go to Bristol to see if we can find Andy. You know, seeing as Javier's there."

"Rye, someone got shot because of Javier and his gunmen. We can't take any risks," Mikey said firmly.

"Ugh, fine. We'll take police. We'll come off socials for a while. I'm sure the Roadies will understand," I replied.

"And what if we find Javier, but no Andy?" Brook asked. I knew that although what he said felt harsh, it was the bitter truth. I just had to deal with that. Just like I had to deal with the fact I was responsible for Andy getting into shit with Javier. He told me he could've dealt with his boyfriend himself. So why hadn't I just trusted him?

A week later

Andy

Javier tried really damn hard. And I mean, really hard. He bought me little gifts, he was kind, he was caring. Everything I had loved about him at the start of our relationship before it all went wrong. As much as I loved it, it was so painful. I was so confused about what I still felt for him, and there was a nagging voice in my head reminding me what I felt for Rye, making me feel bad for letting old love resurface.

Jordan wanted to get to know me better, too. But he asked me more about the band and the boys than anything, which I found a little odd.

"So, there's 5 of you?"

"Yeah. Me, Ryan, Jack, Brook, and Mikey." I smiled, seeing the boys acting crazy in my mind. I could picture it so well.

"So, something happened with you and... Rye?"

I gave him a sceptical look. "Nothing happened. He's my best friend."

"From what Javi told me, you guys seemed to be closer than just best friends," Jordan shrugged.

"We're not," I said sharply, biting my lip before it started quivering.

But why couldn't we be more than just friends, Ryan?