FORTY EIGHT

Kat was beyond confused

Tom's words rang through her mind the entire night onto the next day.

She couldn't stop thinking about it, or specifically one word: yet.

She wanted to yell.

'Why? Why play with my emotions again? I was finally getting over you!'

But she didn't- she just couldn't.

Kat didn't know what the hell to do.

She was hoping to get some insight from Alex when she got back to the hotel that night- even if it was all anger and judgement towards her.

She didn't care, she just needed to hear something.

Unfortunately for her, Alex was being uncharacteristically quiet that night.

And the next morning nothing changed.

She didn't say a thing and mostly kept to her side the entire morning while Katherine sat with Kat on her bed.

"So she saw the flowers?" Kat whispered.

"Yup," Katherine sighed, "I tried to hide them but, it was too late."

"I can hear you bitches talking about me," Alex grumbled but continued to look down at her phone.

"Well then talk back to us. Why are you so mad that I saw Tom again?"

"What are you like in love with her or something?"

"Ew!" Kat and Alex immediately grimaced.

"She's like my sister, that's gross."

"I mean- I'm sorry but what am I supposed to think? You've literally been angry since last night because Kat went out with Tom. That just screams jealousy."

"That wasn't jealousy- this isn't jealousy. This is me worrying about her."

"Why?" Kat groaned, "Tom isn't as bad as you paint him out to be!"

"Right," Alex scoffed, "You're only saying that because all you can think about is Tom's dick."

"Okay. I don't know why you always have to get so sexual but I'm over it. Tom and I aren't all about sex."

"You and Tom together aren't but he definitely is. Need I remind you, he slept with a bunch of girls."

"You only ever remind me whenever you get the chance," Kat rolled her eyes, suddenly in a sour mood as she got under the covers.

Katherine only had to give Alex a look for her to roll her eyes and get up from the other bed to go sit with them.

"I'm sorry. I know you really like him and it sucks to be reminded of that."