FIFTY ONE

katpereza day out with my boys 📸: harryholland64view all 5,279 comments

katperez
a day out with my boys 📸: harryholland64
view all 5,279 comments

When Tom woke up the next morning, he was alone in his bed.

The sun shone through the window and the birds were chirping, he could hear his family clear as day downstairs all having the time of their lives with, what he was guessing, breakfast.

Was last night really just a dream?

He wasn't sure.

He definitely hoped it wasn't but he wouldn't be sure until he spoke to Kat- saw her.

He got dressed and brushed his teeth in a hurry, going downstairs to see his family sitting at the dining room table with Kat setting down a plate in front of them.

"Oh good- you're up. Come sit, Kat made us this lovely breakfast."

"You let our guest cook for us?"

"Hey- we tried to stop her but she simply refused!"

Kat shrugged with a smile as she finally took a seat for the first time that morning, "I was up early anyway- jet lag."

"Well this looks incredible, Kat," Dom beamed, "Thank you again."

"But of course," Kat chuckled, "It really is the least I could do. Now that Tom's here- everyone dig in."

Everyone did just that but Tom continued to watched Kat as she now set a plate down in front of Tessa whose tail was wiggling in excitement.

Tom couldn't help the big smile that appeared on his face.

Nikki loved seeing the smile on his face and knew then that she had to do everything in her power to make sure her son got the girl.

Before she could put anything into action, Paddy spoke up excitedly.

"Kat. Can you come with me to the stores today?"

"The stores, huh?" Kat chuckled, "Any specific store you want to go to?"

"I just want to show you around- like you did for us back in New York."

Nikki smiled softly at her son, "That sounds like a lovely idea hon, but-"

"I'm going too," Harry interrupted his mom, "I need new camera equipment."

"We'll make a day out of it then," Sam smiled, "Tom, I'm taking Tessa."

"Sure," Tom said sarcastically, "Just take my dog without even thinking about me, no problem."

Kat giggled, reaching over to pinch his cheek, "Don't be such a sour puss. You can come too, Tommy."

"Wow, I'm honored," he spoke sarcastically again, only smiling when Kat glared at him.

When breakfast was finished and Nikki practically forced Kat to go get ready so she wouldn't do the dishes, her and Tom stood in the kitchen doing it instead.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get you and Kat some alone time," she sighed as she handed him a dish, "I was going to try but the boys are very fond of her."

"I know," Tom chuckled, "Thanks anyway mum."

"I can tell you really like her," she smiled now as she turned to face him, "The way you look at her when she's not looking- I've never seen you look at anyone that way."

"She's very special to me," Tom admitted quietly, feeling embarrassed for the first time realizing he was talking to his mom about this.

"Don't get all embarrassed on me now," Nikki scoffed, "Now, I want you to make sure that you don't screw things up this time around Thomas."

"You do realize I'm your son right? You're supposed to be on my side?"

She gave him a look, "I'll be on your side when you do the right thing and ask her to be your girlfriend. She's perfect for you, Tom! Tessa loves her, the boys love her, your father and I love her."

"Mum," Tom gave her a look, "I know this and I-"

"Tom! Where's Tessa's bloody leash?!" Paddy yelled as he came downstairs with the others following.

Kat was smiling at Harry when she looked over at Tom and Nikki, "Harry just told me he'll be my personal photographer for the day."

"I said whenever you needed me," Harry chuckled.

"Can I drive?" Sam asked suddenly, everyone but Kat answering at the same time.

"Absolutely not!"

"I will definitely be driving," Tom chuckled, giving him mom a kiss on the cheek before joining the others.

When they arrived, Kat was in awe of the area.

She knew it was like any other place but she just couldn't help how excited she got. This was England after all.

Before, she never even left the country let alone got to return to England and actually explore since she was working non-stop the last time around.

The boys were also very helpful in telling her all about the area- until they found something that interested them more.

Tom shook his head seeing how fast they were to leave them but Kat looked around briefly, just to make sure no fans had noticed them.

He looked back at Kat when they were out of sight, surprised to see her already looking at him.

"Alone at last," she said jokingly, making Tom nervous being he still had no idea whether last night was real or not.

Kat didn't realize this and instead wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a kiss.

'Definitely not a dream,' Tom thought as he kissed her back, pulling her close to him as memories of last night came into his mind.

She was thinking the same thing when she eventually finally pulled away from the intense kiss, "I had fun last night."

"Yeah?" Tom couldn't help but smirk a bit.

"Yeah," Kat smiled, leaning in to kiss him again quickly, "You definitely helped put me to sleep."

"Should I be offended, or?"

"Shut up," she laughed, caressing his cheek, "I definitely forgot what it felt like- being with you."

"Did you miss it as much as I did?" he sighed, leaning his forehead against hers.

"I most definitely did."

"Maybe we should do it again... sometime?"

"Maybe," she smiled softly, kissing him one final time before pulling away completely.

He watched her as she smiled sadly at him but quickly looked away, obviously not wanting to look at him too long.

It was then he knew something was wrong.

"What's going through your mind, Kat?"

"That... that I'm going to miss this when I go back home and everything goes back to normal."

"Goes back to normal?"

"Yeah," she now smiled sadly, "Our normal. Of not... not being together."

DISCLAIMER: I don't know how jet lag works