Chapter 1. The Cross Connection

Note : This story is written in a retro-furistic theme. Which means, it is set in the current Era we're in (the 20s) but the character's mannerisms and way of living may represent the 80s. That's all. Happy reading! ^.^

▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎

We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason.

~Pinterest

________◇◇◇_________

Every person present in the courtroom stood up and bowed their heads in respect as the werewolf prince, Daniel Rodriguez, made his way to the throne.

His younger sister, Ariel, smiled at him from the throne situated beside his as he took a seat.

Ariel was the queen of werewolves and he was her elder brother. Considering the fact that the she-wolves of the royal families were stronger and consisted the powers passed on by the moongoddess to every first daughter, Ariel had been the sweetest queen ever, unlike her brother who had become the man that anyone would fear.

"Let's begin the court." Ariel comanded with a smile.

The minister who carried a bunch of papers--obtaining the arising conflicts in the kingdom--stepped ahead and bowed his head before speaking,

"Your highness, the kingdom is in peace. The conflict regarding vampires and werewolves have been sorted. All the alphas have agreed to keep their peace with vampires, except one," The middle-aged man paused and not a second later,

"Who's the alpha that dares to disrespect our rules?" Daniel asked gaining his courtiers attention, his appearance calm like usual but they knew otherwise.

The minister cowered in fear the moment his eyes met the prince's. "Al-Alpha Anthony Gonzalez," he stuttered.

"I'll look into the matter." Daniel informed his sister getting up from his seat before walking out of the courtroom without any word.

Ariel dismissed the court politely and followed her brother outside. Walking beside her brother in silence, she reminisced about what had made her brother into the man he's now. 

She knew her brother very well. For others, Daniel might seem like an arrogant man who didn't care for others feelings but she knew deep inside was her brother who once used to be the light of the palace.

His playful attitude and carring personality used to make everyone around him happy. He was such a nice man until his mates came into his life and tattered his heart in pieces. Not once but twice.

'I will never forgive the woman who took my brother away from me', Ariel vowed in her mind.

"What's it, Ariel? You seem to be in a deep thought." Daniel turned to look at his sister.

"Nothing. I was wondering what you'll do to make the alpha agree?" She lied knowing that her brother would be upset if she told what she was thinking.

"I am going to make him pay for disrespecting the rules," Daniel looked at his sister frowning, "Don't worry. I won't kill him," he assured, smiling at his sister as she nodded in approval.

She's always concerned about everyone, Daniel thought.

"When are James and Cami returning?" He inquired about Ariel's mate and daughter who had visited to other town for a fair.

"They'll return back before midnight. James will have to buy half the stalls for Cami. She can be very demanding when taken to a fair," A smile rose on her lips at the mention of her daughter's name.