Chapter 35. Accidently Hearing The Truth

Ariana's POV

"Carla?" I looked at her dumbfounded.

When she seemed to get out of her shock, she took a step towards me.

"Ariana? Weren't you visiting your dad?" Carla asked once she was in front of me.

I just stood silent, not uttering a word. I forgot that Carla still thinks I'm with Daniel and am currently out to visit my father. Now, what should I say?

As if something suddenly clicked in her mind, Carla looked at me with an excited expression. Wait, excited?

"Your dad is from Anthony's pack, isn't he?" She asked enthusiastically while I was taken aback by that question.

My dad, from Anthony's pack? Yes, Dad and I aren't rogues, but we sure as hell aren't from Anthony's pack either. Now, if I say Carla so, she'd ask me why I'm here and if it comes to that, then what will I say? So, the better option is, I go with the flow.

"Yeah, he's from this pack." I lied, smiling at her.

Carla is still naive and innocent. I don't understand what she's doing with Anthony. I just hope he isn't playing with her, which despite me hoping, I'm certain he is. But does Daniel know about this? He'll be furious when he comes to know that Anthony is playing with his sister's feelings. One thing I am sure about is, Carla does have feelings for Anthony by the way she is looking at him now, full of love, but that isn't a good sign.

"What about you, Carla? What brings you here?" I asked her but my eyes were trained on Anthony who wasn't looking me in the eye. Why is he acting so weird all of a sudden?

"I..." Carla's voice trailed as she looked at Anthony, probably considering whether to tell the truth or not.

"She's my girlfriend, Miss Cristford." Anthony replied my question and I raised my brow at the formality lacing in his voice. Wow....like when had he ever spoken so respectfully?

Anyways...Girlfriend, huh? How many girlfriends do you have in total, Anthony? Why are you playing with Carla's feelings? Daniel wouldn't be happy when he comes to know of this...

"Yeah, he's my boyfriend." Carla smiled glancing lovingly at Anthony. She really does love him. "By the way, she's Mrs. Rodriguez now, Anthony. She's Danny's wife. Isn't she lovely?"

"Yeah, she is..." Anthony stared at me while I sent him an icy glare when Carla wasn't looking. He's playing with her emotions. This is not good. I don't want her to be heartbroken when Anthony decides to ditch her.

"Why don't you both talk for a while? I'll go do some work by then." Anthony was trying to get away from the matter in hand. Not on my watch.

"How can I take away your girlfriend when she came so far just to meet you? I can't be inconsiderate to the both of you and be a third-wheel now, can I, Alpha?" My tone contained malice when I said 'Alpha' but I made sure to maintain a sweet smile on my face, for Carla's sake.

"You're so amazing, Ariana!" Carla jumped up to hug me, "I can't thank you enough. I already have limited time before I have to return back to the castle."

I smiled back at her, maintaining the fake smile. I really hope she isn't too into him or else, it'll hurt as much when Anthony ends his game of revenge and decides to leave her.

After that, I left Carla and Anthony on their own and headed to my room. Once in my room, I searched for my phone and without a thought, called Daniel. He picked up the call on the second ring.

"Hello, Ari?"

It wasn't until his deep voice echoed from the other line did I come to my senses.