Chapter 26. You're most precious to me

Ariana's POV

I stared at the view of the castle's beautiful garden in front of me as my hands rested on the railing of the balcony. Cool breeze blew my hair to my face but I didn't bother tucking it behind.

The whole day had passed just like that and it was already night time while my mind was in despair. My heart hurt on even thinking of saying harsh words to Daniel.

There's no person in the world who I hate more than Kiana right now. How could she ask me to do something like that? If I don't agree to her, it will be Daniel who will suffer. And I don't want that. It's better I suffer than him.

While I was busy in my thoughts, I didn't notice the person approaching me coming to stand beside me. It wasn't until he spoke did I realise he was here.

"What are you thinking about so attentively, Ari?" Daniel's hand gently tucked a wayward strand of my hair behind my ear.

I turned my head to look at him. He was standing beside me with his one hand resting on the railing while his other hand was playing with a lock of my hair twirling them around his index finger. There was a small smile playing on his lips as he stared at me with warm eyes.

I felt my heart flutter just looking at him. I didn't see him the whole day since morning and I dare not say I didn't miss him. It was only for this short time span and I missed him terribly. What will happen when I leave him?

The fact caused a tug at my heart and I averted my gazes away from him back to the view of the garden, "I was just looking at the view. You have a beautiful garden in your castle."

"Really? It's good to hear that you like it. Did you know I decorated and planted all the plants in the garden myself?" Daniel's voice was merry as if he felt really proud of planting them.

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes and there he was, still staring me with a huge smile on his face.

"Beautiful," he whispered which I caught without a problem due to my werewolf ears.

"It is," I smiled agreeing with his words. He's talking about the garden, right?

"I didn't mean the garden, Ari," Daniel tucked the strand of hair wrapped around his finger behind my ear.

My cheeks heated up when I realised he was referring to me and from the corner of my eyes, I saw his smile widening.

Whats up with him? He's flirting with me and he also looks genuinely happy.

"You look happy," I pointed out looking back at the garden.

"That's because I am," he chirped merrily.

I felt my heart at ease by seeing him in such a good mood which is very rare.

"Is there a reason for your happiness?" I asked curiously.

"Ofcourse, there is. I finally found a way to keep someone close to me."

My brows furrowed a bit. Why do I have a feeling that he's talking about me? But then, Why would he? It's not like he has feelings for me....

".....From what I've observed in these few days, I realised Danny has some kind of feelings for you...."

Kiana's words snaped in my head making me involuntarily turn my head and look at Daniel. He was staring back at me with the same warm and loving gaze.

My heartbeat accelerated automatically. No. Daniel can't possibly have any feelings for me....But then, Daniel isn't the type of person who would kiss anybody just for the sake of fun....