Chapter 33. Anthony's Secret

"I had to do it, Anthony. I didn't have any other choice. She had to die." Daniel said as he entered the cemetry gates and walked towards Anthony.

"She had lost herself to the darkness. There was no returning back. If I would let her live, she would kill innocent lives," Daniel continued coming to stand in front of Anthony, next to the grave, "Ginivieve had to die."

Something ticked in Anthony as he got up from his sitting position and I swear I even saw his eyes spark golden or maybe it's just because of the lighting. Then in a splurge of a moment, Anthony lunged at Daniel and hit him on his jaw brutally.

I prevented myself from gasping out loud by covering my mouth with my hands. I saw blood dripping down Daniel's lips where a cut had come to form due to the punch. But all too soon the cut healed in a second and Daniel wiped the blood off his lips. He didn't have time to attack back as Anthony threw another punch on his face.

"What the-"

Punch.

What the hell is wrong with Anthony?

"Don't you dare utter her name from your fucking mouth," Anthony snarled aiming to punch Daniel once again but this time around, Daniel blocked his hand and instead punched Anthony back, square on his face. Anthony fell down on his back as Daniel tackled him to the ground.

"What the hell?! You're stronger than an average alpha. That punch took me offguard! The force in that hit. I even saw your eyes glow golden which only happens when you're a...." Daniel's voice trailed as he scrutinised Anthony's face all the while keeping his guard on.

"Royal," Anthony completed smirking lightly, "Which only happens if you're a Royal." He repeated Daniel's words, "Think again. Do the men of the royal families ever had a mistress?"

My hand slid down my mouth involuntarily as I gaped at Anthony in shock. What is he saying? A Royal? But there's only two royal families in existence--The Davies that is The vampire king Evan's family and The Rodriguez, Daniel's family.

Does this mean Anthony is from one of these two families? Or is there another royal family in existence that no one is aware of? But what is he talking about mistress?

"That's not possible. You're not from my family. Father would never betray mother. He loved her." Daniel said with conviction as he stepped away from Anthony and stood up, back on his feet. Anthony himself got up from the ground dusting his pants and leaned next to the tall gravestone of the girl in question.

Daniel had said how much his father loved his mother and how his father was not willing to re-marry queen Diana but only married her because the kingdom needed a queen.

"I never said I was from your family. I would be damned if I shared the blood with the person who was the reason the love of my life is dead," Anthony smiled bitterly as he glanced at the tombstone of the girl lovingly before a grave expression took over his face, "But how ironic. I actually do share the blood with my Gini's actual killer."

Something clicked within Daniel's eyes while I was still oblivious and thoroughly confused with the whole scenerio. Nothing is making sense. I don't understand anything they're talking except Anthony saying he's from a Royal family.

"You mean Claire? You're from her family? But that doesn't make sense since uncle..." Daniel's eyes widened as he seemed to realise something, "Your father is Evan's father, Jonathan Davies, isn't he?"

"BINGO!" Anthony clapped his hands dramatically with a sardonic smile etched on his face, "This is so funny. Let me tell you the whole story. Stephen and Me, we're both Evan's step-brothers from different mothers --although Stephen thinks he's been bought from the streets since Evan never revealed that Stephen indeed is his own blood related brother and Stephen is actually an illegitimate child of his bastard father whom the man had abandoned leaving the mother and child to die. It's fortunate that Evan found Stephen before he could die. But why did Evan put up such an act of 'transforming into a royal blood' stupidness thing when Stephen already was a royal? It's because Evan cared for Stephen and didn't wanted him to hate his own father who according to me deserved all the hate in the world for what he did."