Chapter 25. Kiana's Condition

Ariana's POV

I snuggled closer in the warm embrace making myself comfortable.

Hmmm....

This person's body is so warm and their large arms wrapped around my body gave me a sense of security....

Wait a second!

I fluttered my eyes open in a whish only to find my face pressed against Daniel's hard chest while his steady breathing could be heard along with his fresh manly scent. His arm was wrapped around my waist holding me close to him.

Oh my....how did I end up like this?

Last I remember, I fell asleep in the carriage. What happened after then? Could it be that Daniel carried me all the way here and laid me on his bed? Why on the bed though? Why not on the couch? Ugh...so many questions! But first I have get out of his hold.

I slowly tried to get out of Daniel's hold being careful not to wake him up but the moment I moved, I heard a groan of protest coming from him as his hold tightened around my waist pulling me closer.

"Daniel?" I slowly called out.

I felt his body stiffen beside me but he didn't make a movement and just stayed silent. Is he awake or not?

"Daniel, If you're awake, could you please...um...let me go?" I urged trying to wriggle out of his embrace.

Instead of letting me go, he pulled me more closer to him if it's even possible and said in his sexy morning voice,"I'm not letting you go away from me."

Huh? Why does it sound like he doesn't mean just about the embrace?

"Uh...but...you see I'm feeling suffocated here," I reasoned out trying to pull back.

Daniel finally moved back a bit, his arm still not letting go of my waist, "You're feeling suffocated? I'm sorry. I didn't realise it," his tone was so gentle and he looked genuinely concerned with his half opened eyes looking so adorable and hot at the same time.

Actually, It's not the problem of air suffocation or something. I'm feeling overwhelmed with the tingling sensations in my tummy by his closeness. I have this huge urge to wrap my arms around him and just lay like this forever.

Im seriously screwed! Someone please save me!

When Daniel's eyes opened fully and his gaze assessed my face, he seemed to snap out of whatever daze he was in as his eyes widened visibly.

"You're awake," Daniel said still looking surprised.

Why did that sound like a question?

"Why didn't you lay me on the couch? And why are you still holding me so close?"

As soon as those words left my mouth, I regretted it as Daniel unwrapped his arms around me and moved back almost instantly making me miss the warmth already.

But before I could say anything, his body hovered over mine taking me by complete surprise. My eyes widened while he stared right into my eyes.

"I didn't lay you here. You yourself came here in your sleep, pushed me off the bed and leisurely laid on my bed. Don't think I took advantage of the situation or something. You hugged me and even threatened to punch me if I didn't hold you back, okay!"

By the time he was finished, he had thankfully moved back and laid on his back beside me. I turned my head to look at him with my eyes narrowed in suspicion. Daniel himself had a nervous look on his face but he kept a hard front as if he wanted to prove that he was saying the truth.