Chapter 14. The Piano Room

Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.

~By Mary Shelley from 'Frankenstien'.

Ariana's POV

Blinding bright light hit my face making me almost groan at the intensity. I don't want to wake up yet and the stupid light is doing a good job in irritating me. I pulled the duvet over my head but there was still faint light.

Ugh...why am I so sensitive to light? Every time, even if there is the slightest light, I just so happened to wake up from my slumber even if I'm deeply asleep.

I should just pull the curtains on.

With that planned, I pushed the duvet of my face only to find the light to suddenly dim down.

I took a glance towards the window and saw a figure looming over the window pulling the curtains close. The more I looked carefully, the more the silhouette of the figure became familiar. A smile automatically grew on my lips as I reconized who it is.

Daniel's back was facing me as he pulled the curtains on obscuring the light from entering the room. Once he was done, he backed away from the window and turned his head in my direction.

Oh my...

I quickly shut my eyes pretending to be fast asleep. I just hope he didn't notice me awake. I heard footsteps approaching me indicating he was walking towards me.

Does he know I'm awake?

I felt the bed dip a bit beside me and soon after someone's hand held my face. I felt frozen not really knowing what to do.

My heart started beating it's rhythm again. It's a fortune that werewolves can't hear each other's heartbeat if we didn't want others to hear or else I would be long caught acting.

"Thank you for yesterday," Daniel's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

I contained myself from smiling like an idiot. Come on, Daniel thanked me for something for the first time so it's completely sane to feel happy about it, right?

"But I don't want you to do that again. You would have died. And there's no reason you deserve to die. I'm the one whose the monster so I might as well take that privilege. Not you," Daniel's hand left my face and before I knew it, he was already out of the room with the door slamming shut behind him ever so slowly.

I gently opened my eyes as his words echoed in my ears.

Why does he think he's a monster and that he deserves to die?

No one deserves to die. Not even the cruellest person on the planet and as for you Daniel, you aren't as bad as you display yourself to be. You do have a soft side. Even though it's a bit rare for anyone to experience that side but still....he doesn't have to think so wrongly of himself. It's not good.

Does he think he's a monster because he's a hybrid? Is he not happy with who he is?

If that's the case, I won't bring up yesterday's events in front him. However curious I might be, I'll just let this slip so he don't feel uncomfortable around me.

I don't know why but I felt really bad when he called himself a monster. He's not a monster!

Why am I getting so stressed about what he thinks about himself?

What's wrong with me these days?

Anyways, I can sleep for a bit more since Daniel pulled the curtains on.