Chapter 32. Graveyard Visit

Ariana's POV

It's been a whole freaking week since I came to the wolvesbane packhouse. Though this time around, I wasn't treated as a slave like the last time I was here. Instead, I was left on my own to do whatever I wanted. I was given a guestroom to stay and I was allowed to do anything I wanted except stepping out of the packhouse. It's strange since I had expected the worst to happen.

Anthony seemed a bit off ever since that day in the carriage or maybe it's because I had started to observe him more closely. Although he never showed anything on the outside and always seemed like a sadistic and arrogant man, there were times when I would spot him looking in the distance, occupied by his thoughts, and his eyes holding sadness. That look in his eyes still confused me.

Why does it seem like he isn't as bad as he portrays himself to be?

Whatever, why am I suddenly starting to consider that he might--which has 0.0001% possibility-- be a good man? I shouldn't forget that he had been nothing but impulsive and ignorant towards me. He and Kiana are very much the reason why I'm away from Daniel.

The mention of Daniel's name bought a dull ache in my heart. God, I miss him so much....

"Ariana? Are you listening?" Giovanni asked me while I was still occupied by my thoughts. Giovanni is the beta of the wolvesbane pack-Anthony's pack. He's the only one who's been sweet to me even when I was here the last time.

"Huh?" I looked at him in confusion before it addressed on me that he was certainly speaking to me while I was pre-occupied by my thoughts.

"Sorry, Gio. I didn't pay attention. What were you saying?"

Instead of replying, he just stared at me before a knowing smile tugged on to his lips. "You love Daniel, don't you?"

My eyes widened at his words while I gulped the lump which started to form in my throat. Except Kiana, no one knows that I love Daniel. Anthony was a bit suspicious but he isn't sure himself. How did Giovanni know then?

"Why are you so shocked? Don't worry, I won't say anybody. Not even the Alpha, if that's what you're concerned about," he assured and I could sense the truthfulness in his statement.

But still...

"How did you know?"

He looked at me before a smile tugged onto his lips, "It's quite obvious if you ask me. Others don't know because they haven't talked to you much or they haven't seen the longing in your eyes whenever Daniel's name is mentioned. But from what I've observed, you love him a lot. And same could be said for Daniel. The reluctance in his every action and the pain in his eyes while you were leaving raised a doubt in me which was confirmed after I spoke to you for a few days. By the way, I was present in the courtroom on the day of the truce acceptance. No one seemed to notice me though," he let out a chuckle, "I followed the Alpha's carriage after you both departed."

"I see..." I mused, "You seem to know a lot about love. When you find you're mate, she is going to be lucky to have you, Gio. You're a wonderful man."

An expression of sadness passed on his face before he covered it with a smile which I didn't miss.

"Well, I guess I'm unlucky in that department, you see..." his voice trailed off making me more confused than I already am.

"Why do you say that?"

"You know I already found my mate actually..."

"What? Really? Then where is she now?"

I know I shouldn't be pestering him for information if he doesn't want to share but something peeked my interest and I don't know why I wanted to know more.