Chapter 23. The Kiss

Just one kiss. Sometimes that's all it takes for a heart to lose it's balance. And sometimes we want nothing more than the chance to fall.

~JM Storm

Ariana's POV

After chatting with the kids, I decided to talk to Elina some more when someone's voice interrupted.

"Expensive clothes does suit you well. You look ravishing," said a familiar masculine voice.

I looked at the person and there he was, dressed in a grey tuxedo standing with a smirk etched on his face--Alpha Anthony Gonzalez, my mate.

"Thank you, Alpha Anthony," his smirk grew wider at my response as he stepped closer.

"I'm glad I accepted the truce now. At least, I'll get something in return," Alpha Anthony's eyes skided over my body and I felt really uncomfortable under his scrutinising gaze.

He's my mate but I don't understand why I never really felt comfortable under his gaze. It was like he was mentally undressing me and the thought itself made me feel disgusted.

I should get away from him the sooner the possible but before I could speak he beat me to it by speaking himself,

"Can I have the honour of dancing with you, love?" He extended his hand while I gently shook my head.

"I don't think it's a good idea. I should take my leave."

I attempted on walking away from him but he caught my wrist, "Where do you think you're going? You're going to be by my side by the end of the week when I accept the truce. All of this is just going to go in vain," Alpha Anthony's grip tightened that became painful for me.

In the next spur of moment, I felt Anthony's hand being pried off mine harshly and someone else held my hand instead.

The tingles that erupted from his touch was enough to tell me who it was.

"You owe me a dance." Daniel started dragging a confused me along with him preventing me from saying anything.

When did I agree for a dance with him?

However, I'm glad he got me out of that Alpha's clutches. Before I knew it, we were on the dance floor.

"I...I don't know to dance," I tried to reason out to him and moved a bit back so that we could have at least little space between us but his firm grip didn't let me move an inch. My brain can't function with him so close.

"Just follow suit. I'll take care of the rest," he assured me as the music started playing in the background.

Steading ourselves, Daniel places one of my hand on his shoulder and interlaces the other with his fingers. Little bolts of electricity bolt through the length of my arm and my waist, where his free hand is placed.

I love it when you call me Senorita.
I wish I could pretend I didn't need ya
But every touch is, Ooh-lA-la-la
It's true, la-la-la
Oh, I should be runnin'
Oh, you keep me coming for ya ♪

As the beginning chords of the song started playing, I found a slow smile forming on my lips.

"This is my favourite song," I lifted my head a bit to look at Daniel. He had a soft smile on his face as well.

"Glad to know that," he whispered moving our bodies along with the song.

Land in Miami
The air was hot from summer rain.
Sweat drippin' of me
Before I even knew her name, la-la-la
It felt like, Ooh-la-la-la, yeah, no