Chapter 18. Plotting

Sad birds still sing.

~Autumn

Wolvesbane pack house■

Alpha Anthony Gozalez POV

"When are you going to speak to my brother about us?" The blondie sat up on the bed pulling the blankets over her chest to cover her naked body.

An evil smirk made it's way on my lips as I looked at her state. How pathetic woman are. She thinks I really care about her? She doesn't even know that she's just a pawn in my game. Nothing more.

She's a free pass to my revenge. Or should I say the most important pawn in my revenge.

"Very soon, sweetheart," I pulled her back down on the bed and quickly got on top of her, "Until then, why don't you satisfy me some more?" I spoke with an evil glint in my eyes.

"You're too much, Anthony." She squealed as my hands moved down her bare body.

"Only because I love you," her eyes widened at the words and I had to hold back the evil smirk from making it's way on my lips again. What a stupid woman.

"Truly?" She asked with a vulnerable voice.

You're falling right into my trap, sweetheart. How Satisfying.

"Let me show you then," I muttered as I took possession of her body despite my pathetic wolf's pleas of disaproval.

He's so stuck with that piece of shit woman of a mate. What does he see in her? She's so plain. So boring.

Nevertheless,

This is where my actual plan starts. With this woman in my arms, I'm going to attack you, Daniel Rodriguez.

Just you wait and see.

Daniel's POV

After a very long time have I truly felt so happy. At first, I admit, I was a bit surprised when Ariana suggested we play water balloon fight.

Who knew I would have so much fun after playing with few stuffed balloons not that I haven't played that game before with a very crazy no scratch that childish friend but back then I was that way as well.

But the most amusing thing was how I -for the first time since Kiana left me- felt so comfortable around someone. Not to forget that person was Ariana.

Today I saw a new side to her. The more carefree and childish side. The way she jumped up in excitement whenever she got a hit on me made me oddly happy and let my walls down.

Ariana's full of surprises.

Right now, we're still laying on the neatly cut grassland of the backyard with Ariana below me as I hovered over her. She's staring at me with a huge smile on her face.

"What's wrong? Are you so shocked about losing that you lost it and you are actually smiling?" Sarcasm laced my voice as I inched my face closer to her resulting her eyes to go wide like saucers and her smile dropping the very moment replaced by a scowl. I felt a smile tugging onto my lips as well.

"I am not smiling! You pushed me. How can I smile...." her words trailed as I leaned my face furthermore closer to hers.

I looked straight into Ariana's eyes. I didn't realise this earlier but our faces were just inches apart, my nose almost touching hers and our lips very close to one another's.

Ariana's eyes were wide, lips parted and cheeks aflame. I tilted my head to the side in slight amusement at the sight of her.  She looked damn attractive if I dare say.

My eyes took into the view of her full lips and I couldn't help but think how they would taste like.

What?!!!

I jerked back from her form abruptly and propped down on the trimmed grass beside her as I laid flat on my back with a thud sound. I ran my hand through my now wet hair trying to ward off that thought itself. Darn! Why on earth did I think about....

Deafening silence followed until Ariana finally spoke in a soft voice,

"Daniel?"

"Hmmm."

Instead of looking her way, I simply gazed at the clear blue sky above us. Mostly because I wouldn't be able to hold it back if I look at her.

"Can we be friends?"

For a minute I remained silent. She's asking whether we can be friends when just now I was thinking about...kissing her.

"Maybe."

Ariana's POV

A smile made its way on my lips as I gazed at Daniel from the corner of my eyes.

I'm happy we're finally making some improvements here. This is the first time he had let his emotions on loose and I feel content to see them. He's so much amazing when he's not that cold and arrogant man.

We laid on the grass for a few more minutes just staring at the clear blue sky without any word before Daniel got up.

Dusting his clothes, Daniel's face loomed over my still laying form as he extended his hand. I stared at him in confusion. Daniel merely rolled his eyes.

"Are you gonna lay there the whole day? You'll catch a cold. Not that I care," I bit back a smile at his selection of words.

Okay, I get it. He's trying to act cold again. Even though he does care.

With a huge smile, I accepted his hand. He pulled me up from my laying position in one flick movement making me stand up involuntarily due to the force and almost crash into his chest.

"Woah! How do you even have so much strength? Are you superman or what?" I spoke rather sarcastically as I backed away from him maintaining the much needed space between us.

"Superman or not. I'm strong 'cause I'm Iron Man."

My entire body freezes at the playful jab coming from him. I rub my eyes to verify whether it truly is Daniel and there he is standing with his arms crossed looking as straightforward as ever but I didn't miss the hint of sarcasm in his eyes.

Turning around, I bite my lip preventing myself from smiling like a maniac even though he can't see me.

"So can Iron Man move a little faster? I have to get inside. If you can't see, I'm drenched, thanks to you." I fastened my steps towards the castle's main door. Soon after, I heard footsteps approaching indicating he's following.

The moment we entered the castle, the butler rushed to our side and gave a quick bow before forwarding a letter to us.

"The postman said it's urgent," the butler placed the letter on Daniel's extended hand.

Daniel peeled the envelope and took out an invitation card type of thing  out. His eyes widened. Shock and a kind of sadness crossed over his face the moment he read the invitation.

"Are you sure this is true?" Daniel inquired maintaining a straight face though I didn't miss the hurt look on his face.

"I'm afraid it is, your highness," the butler replied.

"Very well. Prepare the carriage. I'll be attending the ceremony," Daniel walked past the butler after saying that.

I stood rooted to the spot thinking what in the world is written on the parchment that I didn't notice Daniel had stopped walking and was now looking at me.

"What are you doing there? You're accompanying me to the ceremony." He walked towards me, caught my wrist and dragged me along with him.

_______

Questions

1. Who do you think the woman with Alpha Anthony was? Why is he so hell bent on taking revenge?

2. And lastly, what is the pressing ceremony that has got Daniel sad?

Next update will be on Sunday. Hope you liked the chapter:)