Chapter 34. Stupid Mate Bond

Happy Halloween, my lovely readers!♡♡

My mind was so occupied by how Anthony had miraculously cured my wound to realise that I'm basically still in Daniel's arms. I made an attempt to get down from his arms but instead he held me tighter.

"Uh...Daniel. I can stand by myself now that I'm okay. Could you please put me down?" Daniel's attention which was focused on Anthony snapped as he looked at me.

Daniel tilted his head to the side accessing my face as a scowl appeared on his face making him look like a cute cat. I laughed internally at the comparison. Daniel and cute? He would make more of an agrresive and naughty cat scratching the doorstep with its paws, but still cute in its own way. A huge grin makes its way on my lips as I picture the image.

"What are you grinning at?" Daniel asks while I'm still picturing Daniel-the naughty kitty.

"I'm picturing you as a naughty cat," I say absentmidedly before I can realise what I had uttered.

"What? A cat?" Daniel looked as stunned as me before an amused look took over his face which turned into a smirk, "A naughty one at that, huh? You seem to guess right. I can be really naughty at times, you know." He winked giving a suggestive look. I gasped at his underlying meaning as a blush crept up my face.

"Stop already you two, will you? This is so tacky! It's hurting my eye-balls. My poor eyes." Anthony deadpaned.

I forgot he was also present here.

Trying another attempt to get down, I swinged my legs that were hanging --thanks to Daniel holding me bridal style in his arms-- and motioned him to put me down which he thankfully obliged, putting me down on the ground gently.

Once I was back on my footing, I straightened my dress that had creases all over it and fixed my hair by brushing through them with my fingers. When I looked up, I caught both the men staring at me with strange expressions. Anthony looked at me amusingly as if I were a clown in a circus while Daniel had a warm look on his face along with a sweet smile as he observed my each move. The annoying thing was, even after catching them staring at me, both of them didn't take their eyes off of me or didn't even made an attempt to look away.

"Do I look like a clown?" I posed the question placing my right hand on my hip.

"Yes."

"No."

Both of them said simultaneously, the former said by Anthony and the latter by Daniel.

I raised my brow at Anthony, "May I know why? I don't see myself wearing a clown's costume, what makes you think I look like a clown?" I asked Anthony icily with narrowed eyes before shifting my gazes to Daniel. My insides warmed up just looking at him, "Why were you staring?" I asked softly.

Daniel's ocean blue eyes met mine, peering into my eyes. A look of sadness took over his beautiful Irises. He gave me a small sad smile which bought a bitter ache in my heart. And just like that, I couldn't find it in me to look away. I stared back at him with equal intensity, hoping that would convey him the message, that how much I have missed him in these longest seven days of my life.

"What the fuck are we even doing, talking like normal people as if we don't want each other dead?" Anthony suddenly snapped, making me and Daniel involuntarily look away from each other and back at Anthony.

Anthony had an irked look on his face as he spoke further, "Come to think of it, why did I even heal you. I should have just let you die so that Daniel would live with the guilt of not being able to save you, forever. He would have then understood how it feels to see your loved one die in front of your own eyes and you are able to do nothing. Damn it! If only it weren't for my pathetic wolf and it's stupid mate bond fiasco, Ariana would have been dead and my revenge with Daniel would have finally ended with a payback."