Chapter 16. Breakfast together

Fate was so cruel to seat her at the table and allow her to pick up a spoon and taste what she could never have.

~JM Storm

Ariana's POV

I sat on the chair in front of the bed with my chin resting on my palm and my folded elbow on my lap, as I stared at my husband's angelic sleeping face.

Daniel had such a handsome face. Maybe that's the reason why I'm so bothered these days.

I scooted my chairs ahead taking a closer look of his face. When I still didn't feel satisfied, I got up from the chair and sat down on the floor next to the bed. Crossing my hands over the soft mattresses of the bed, I placed my face on them and I stared at his face that was facing me as he laid on his side.

Daniel had dark long lashes that cast a shadow down his eyes making him look all the more mysterious in contrast with his fair skin. His nose was long and straight, carved into perfection and his delectable lips so...kissable.

Oh my...What am I thinking? Have I lost my mind early in the morning?

I woke earlier than him today so that I could put my mission into motion.

Mission: Make Daniel Happy.

In order to make him feel comfortable around me, I have to let my real self open up in front of him. I know my plan is completely irrational but I feel like jumping aboard with it even though I have to wait for hubby darling to wake up.

I can't believe I woke up earlier than Daniel who wakes up like eight in the morning. Isn't that pretty early? At least for me.

Anyways, in two minutes it's going to be eight and-

"Good Morning!" I greeted merrily with a bright smile on my face as I saw him opening his eyes slowly.

His eyes widened visibly on seeing me, all traces of sleep vanishing. It didn't take long for me to realise why he was so surprised. My face was very close to his. So close that if I moved even an inch, our lips would connect....

Ariana, get a hold of yourself!

I backed away from him a bit surprised myself. How could I possibly sit soo close to him?!

Ugh...what's wrong with me early in this morning?

Daniel sat upright staring at me, "What are you doing here?"

"It isn't as you think. I was just...you have a really nice face!" I blurted out all at once without even thinking what rubbish I was sprewing.

"What?" He looked quite surprised himself while I mentally face palmed myself.

Way to go, Ariana.

I got up from the floor in a hurry. Ready to rush out of the room, I turned around but a hand caught my wrist refraining me from moving ahead.

"Where are you going?" Daniel's hoarse voice made me stand still. His morning voice sounded so sexy. Tingling sensations erupted from where his hand held my wrist. My heartbeat started accelerating again.

I wanted to hit my head on a wall in desperation. How can he affect me in such a way? And Why am I thinking all the crazy stuff today?

"Uh...I...the breakfast is prepared. I'll go get it. We'll have breakfast together? You know.....it's boring to eat alone so I thought we might eat together. It's okay if you don't want to. I...can totally understand-"

"Okay." He cut me off from my mindless blabering.

"Huh?"

"I said okay. We'll eat together," he clarified his words while I bit back my smile of victory.