"I Am Who I Am"

Ok so I'm just going to say almost everyone in this story is 16 and 17 like Eddie is 16 and Richie is 17 and um they have one more year of school after this year just to be clear.

After me and my mom we're finished eating we had some ice cream. After that I went upstairs and brushed my teeth and laid in bed. I thought about writing in my journal but what's the point everything is perfect, there would be nothing to write about. Right, I'm supposed to call Richie. I roll over and grab my phone. I unlock it and dial Richies number and hold it up to my ear. I'm suddenly feeling deja vu from calling Bill. It rings but Richie doesn't answer. He probably just went to bed. I plug my phone in and roll over. I fall asleep.

*morning*

Beep beep beep

That is my alarm clock. I don't want to go to school, I just want to stay in bed. I yawn. I pull the blankets down to my waist. I sit up and look at the time. It's 5:30 am. It's still dark out. I hate how school starts so early like can't a guy get some sleep. I push the covers offend get up off the bed. I walk over to my closet and open it up. I dig through it. I find a black sweatshirt so I just throw that on. I also put some baggy jeans on. I then walk over to my dresser which isn't really a dresser because it doesn't have clothes in it but oh well I look in the mirror. Should I comb my hair I mean I don't really need to. It's fine. I go in the bathroom and quickly brush my my teeth and then slip my shoes on. I grab my stuff and walk downstairs. I grab a eggo and pop it in the toaster. It pops up quickly because I don't like stuff to cooked. I take it and start eating it as I walk to the door and slowly open it, I step out and lock it behind me. I walk about 3 feet before noticing Richies car parked in front of my house. I bend to look into it and see Richie playing on his phone. I walk up to it and open the door.

Eddie: what the hell are you doing here.

He looks up from his phone and looks straight at me.

Richie: driving you to school, what do you think now get in.

I hop in and sit down and shut the door I set my phone down.

Eddie: Rich it's like 5:50 am, it's still mostly dark out. You hate getting up super early especially when there's no reason.

Richie: I hate it yet every single day I always wake up early, you know it's weird even when we have nothing to do and we could sleep in we don't.

Eddie: yeah, why is that.

Richie: I have no idea, but your mom called my mom last night and asked if I could drive you to school. You know she's really becoming less of a bitch.

He starts to drive. I plug in my phone and turn the radio up. It was one of my favorite 70s songs.

Eddie: if you need me call me, no matter where you are no matter how far.

Richie: don't worry baby.

Eddie: just call my name, I'll be there in a hurry you don't have to worry cause baby there ain't no mountain high enough

Richie: ain't no valley low enough.

Both: ain't no river wide enough to keep me from getting to you baby.