"In The Void"

Bill: Alison and Mike are already in the hospital and now Eddie. Should we tell the others?

Richie: Um well if it's something bad then yeah we'll tell them but if it's just from stress let's keep it between us.

Bill: Ok, well Stan is getting better in fact he said that he wants to come back to school.

Richie: That's awesome.

Bills mom walked back over to us.

Sharon: There gonna give him some medicine to make him feel better and stop shaking it turns out it's just from stress, it's not a brain tumor or something like that just stress so he should be ok to see in a few minutes once he's completely settled down.

Richie: Oh thank god.

I'm so happy. Jesus if Eddie had a tumor I don't know what I would do.

Richie: Well thank you so much Mrs. Denbrough for everything.

Sharon: Eddie is Bills bestfriend and like a second son to me, really it's the least I could do.

Bills mom sits down and puts her head back. I chew on my lip even though I know that Eddie is ok, i just kinda have a bad feeling about all this, it's just me having anxiety.

Bill: Did you hear what he was saying in his sleep?

I think for a second, I remember him saying something.

Richie: Just the stuff he usually says when he has his dreams. Stuff like "don't leave me" "please don't go" "You're ok" "don't w-

Bill: Usually?! Richie?

Richie: What!

Bill: It sounds like he's in an emotional horror movie. "Please don't go" he's obviously trapped in this terrible place.

Richie: He told me about his dreams before about them being pitch black yet it's lit up. It's weird-

Bill: And you've done nothing about it?

Richie: No, I mean they are just dreams-

Bill: Dreams? No no no, these are nightmares.

Richie: Ok, since when do you know a-

Bill: Because I've had them. After Georgie, I had dreams every single night. You're trapped. You feel like you're dying. It's absolutely terrible. You feel so much pain and hurt like nothing ever is gonna get better. Richie, that is what Eddie is going through except without Georgie. He's probably having dreams of You of his mom of one of his friends dying. You don't know how much that hurts.

Richie: Ok, well what do you expect me to do?

Bill: Something, not just sit there and watch Eddie be in pain. You could've told me.

Richie: Eddie didn't want anyone to know.

He raises his eyebrows and lays his head on the back of the chair. I didn't think the dreams were that big of a deal. I itch the back of my head. That's what I do when I'm nervous. A doctor walks up to us.

Doctor: He's not talking to us but nothing is wrong with him, it was simply from stress. If you would like to see him, you may.

We all stand up and follow the doctor down the hall and into a room where Eddie was laying. He didn't say a word. He was blinking and his eyes and moving them but just not talking. We sit down. He doesn't make eye contact with anyone.

Sharon: Well I have to get up early tomorrow for work so I really should be going.

Richie: Go ahead, I'm staying.