"Sick Means Sick and I'm not Sick"

We get in the car and start driving, we go up to the quick trip across the street and get two 50 cent ice cream cones. We sit in the parking lot just eating ice cream.

Eddie: So what are you going to college for?

Katie: Well my dream is to be an actor but I also love photography and I've always wanted to be a nurse.

Eddie: That's Cool, I want to be an actor too, and Richie plans to be a singer so I plan that me and him can-

I feel my happiness deflate like a red balloon. I smile fades and the pain hits my face.

Eddie: oh right, forgot.

Katie: Eddie, Listen Richie is going through some stuff and he'll come around.

Eddie: That's not what he said, he said that he doesn't want to be with me anymore which means he doesn't like me anymore.

Katie: Yeah but you don't think that's true.

Eddie: Then why would he say that?

Katie: I don't know, just don't lose hope. Richie is stubborn and really, really insecure. Just don't worry about Richie. He's can be stupid but he'll come around. I should know I've been with him from day. Watch him come out the womb, hopefully won't be there to watch him go into the tomb. Just trust me on this one Eddie. He will come around.

Eddie: ok, whatever.

Katie: Hey we should probably get home.

Eddie: Yeah Its been a long day.

She puts the car in drive and starts going. We drive to my house, I pull the hair on the back of my head to stop me from crying. We get out the car and walk into my house. Lock the door behind me.

Mom: Hey, guys you've been gone all day what did you do?

Eddie: we went to six flags.

Mom: Haha no what did you actually do?

Eddie: Not joking, we went to six flags.

I set my stuff down and take off my jacket. I sit in the island chair.

Mom: Welp um its medicine time.

Ugh i don't wanna take fucking medicine.

Eddie: how about you go upstairs Kat. And start getting ready for bed.

She runs up the stairs, while my mom reaches into the Medicine cabinet looking through all the pill bottles until she finds mine.

Eddie: I don't need to take any medicine.

Mom: Yes, you do.

She's opens two bottles one with big white pills and one with small red ones.

Eddie: Why are there two?

Mom: I bought some stress relievers you can take.

Eddie: No no no, I am most certainly not taking that.

Mom: Eddie you have too, you have to get better.

Eddie: No I'm fine.

Mom: You are very sick Eddie, you can't just skip medicine.

*flashback*

Mom: Oh you're sick Eddie. Just sit and we'll get a doctor or someone.

Eddie: mom please don't do this.

Mom: You need a doctor or somebody.

Don't do this mom you're better than that.

Eddie: No no no NO OK I DONT NEED MEDICINE IM NOT SICK.