"The date"

Sorry this took me so long to post.

Richies POV

Richie: We could go see a new movie.

Eddie: Ok what movie?

Richie: How about that Spider-Man into the spider verse movie.

Eddie: Um yeah sure. Look up a movie theater and figure out when it plays.

Richie: Got it.

I pull out my phone and look up a movie theater with a nice arcade. I see the time of the movie is for 7:00 so we should get there at about 6:20 and then there would be enough time to play in the arcade, get some popcorn and make it in to see the commercials.

Richie: ok lets leave at 6:10.

Eddie: Cool.

I get up from my desk and walk over and flop on the bed. We look at the ceiling which I notice we do that a lot.

Eddie: There is a school dance next week.

Richie: Formal or come with a band T-shirt on.

Eddie: Formal.

Richie: Do we need like ties and a nice outfit.

Eddie: Yeah.

Richie: we've never been to a dance together before.

Eddie: As long as they play good music.

Richie: You should be the DJ.

Eddie: I should.

We both laugh. I hold his hand.

Richie: What do you think the meaning of life is?

Eddie: Rich, you know I don't like talking about that stuff. It makes me sad.

Richie: I know but like if I never existed would it make that big of a difference.

Eddie: Yes Richie, It would affect me. I wouldn't be able to love someone.

Richie: I mean if I never existed then you wouldn't be losing me you just would've never had me so you would've found someone to love just not me.

Eddie: What are you trying to get at this?

Richie: I don't know anymore.

We go back to staring at the ceiling. Suddenly an idea pops in my head. I run over to my desk rummage through some of my photos and take one of me and Eddie out. I jump on on top of the bed almost stepping on Eddie.

Eddie: What the fuck are you doing?

I take the tape and tape the picture to the ceiling. So now when I'm staring at the ceiling I'm actually looking at something worth looking at. I flop back down on the bed. We both look at the photo. Eddie smiles.

*at the movie theater*

We buy our tickets and then go to the arcade. They have this new system where instead of like just using quarters you transfer your money into a card. So I put about 20 bucks in each of our cards and you might think that's a lot but for a teenager who just has 1,500 dollars just laying around and not have anything to spend it on it's nothing. We run around in the arcade getting a bunch of virtual tickets on our cards. They even have this video game where it's like Crossy Road they also have space invaders and other random stuff. We look into the prize machine. I see some crappy weird stuff but the thing we want is the Polaroid camera but it cost 5000 tickets. We play to the extreme. Running around playing only the highest ticket paying games. Besides when we found this zombie game. It paid no tickets but it was fucking fun. We played a lot until it was time to go in the movie theater. We still had some money on our cards so we planned to come back after the movie is over. We go to the little food stand thing and get a huge thing of popcorn, two waters, milkduds, and Mike and Ike's. We walk into the theater just in time for the commercial. There was a mother and two kids in the back and a group of teenagers in the front so thank god I bought tickets for the middle. The group of teens were giving us looks as we sat down. We were watching a trailer.