"I Just Lost Someone I love"

Bills house isn't far from mine so I don't have to travel far. When I get to my house I throw down my bike and run up to my house and open the door. I walk in still sobbing. I look up the stairs.

Mom: Eddie why are you home so ear-

I look at her with tears steaming down my face. She stands up from her love seat.

Mom: Eddie?

I look down at my shaky hands. I hate myself. I wish I could just let go. I wish I could just die.

Eddie: I've lost mom.

My knees fall to the ground while I sob. My mom runs towards me and gets on the ground with me and hugs me.

Eddie: He left mom, he's gone.

Mom: Its ok, it's ok.

We both curl up in a ball and I cry in her arms. I just cry and cry. She picks me up off the ground and I drowsily walk with her to the couch. She lays me there. She walks to the kitchen and comes back with a glass of water. She hands it to me. I drink. She sits down. I sip my water and then set it down on the table. I look at her and she looks at me. Tears run down my face.

Mom: What happened?

Eddie: I lied mom, Bill was throwing a party and I decided to go to have fun. You know be normal for once in my fucking life.

Mom: Its ok.

Eddie: And the truth is I am dating someone or at least not anymore.

Mom: You broke up.

I loved him so much. He was my everything. My world. I feel like a piece of me has just been ripped apart from me. My everything, my Richie. Who knew that could be taken away in an instant.

Eddie: th-they broke up with me *crys*

At this point I'm crying so hard I can't see. I run and hug her. I wet her shirt with tears.

Mom: Its ok, ok. How about I make some hot chocolate and we watch one of your favorite Netflix shows.

Eddie: Sabrina did release a Christmas episode and I haven't watched it yet.

Mom: Ok.

She sets me back on the couch and goes into the kitchen to make Hot chocolate.

Eddie: I'm gonna go get changed.

Mom: Ok.

I walk out of the kitchen and over to the stairs. I go up the stairs and into my room. I close the door behind me. I just let the tears go. I take off my jacket and sloppily walk over to my desk. I examine my desk. I look at all my journals and all my books. I see the picture of Richie on my desk. His pretty face. He's upside down on a couch being stupid. So beautiful.

Eddie: I hate that I love you so much.

Tears start up again. I knock everything off my desk in one swipe while screaming.  I cry and scream, I walk over to my shelf full of pictures and drawings. I knock it down. All the pictures and drawings fall out. I kick my bed and fall to the ground crying. Why? I put my hands to my face and cry. I thought we were in love. I thought we would always be together and I know most teenage relationships fall apart. But I want him. Only him. Why did he do that? Why?

*before Richie's parent's left on a trip*

Narrator POV

Dad: You've been dating Eddie Kaspbrak?

Richie: Yeah? I mea-