"The Puppy"

Richie: Eleven?

Eleven: Richie! Is Eddie safe, where is he?

Richie: He had another seizure so he's in the hospital.

Eleven: I knew it.

Richie: What? How?

Eleven: I saw him, him and his mom but he was just the slightest bit younger like a few months ago so not younger just different. His hair was a little shorter and more styled. He and his mom were fighting and he was saying stuff like "I'm not sick" and "can't I just be me" and stuff like that. It was almost like a memo-

Richie: Cause that's what it was. He must've been thinking about the time that his mom kicked him out for being gay and that triggered his seizure. He wasn't asleep when he had it like the first time. This one was from what he was thinking about.

Eleven: Ok I just wanted to make sure he was ok. With in the next week I will call again. Remember do not let him have a bad dream and if he starts seeing stuff keep him in a room where he is safe.

Richie: *inhales* yeah there might be a slight problem with that.

Eleven: Why?

Richie: *pausing in between each word* I might have broken up with him right after his first seizure.

I squint my eyes and make a face like I'm expecting her to be mad and I was right.

Eleven: You WHAT?

Richie: Yeah, um but it's ok you know my cousin is staying at his house and I told her to take care of him.

Eleven: still a break up is a big deal and probably put a lot of stress on him. Why would you even do that he loves you and you love him.

Richie: it's a long story.

Eleven: Whatever, I should be there by Friday.

Richie: Wait FRIDAY?!

Eleven: Bye!

She hangs up.

Richie: Great.

I flop back on my bed in sadness. What am I doing? Where am I going? Why am I here? Like I'm completely fucking useless. I can't do anything. My parents are arguing downstairs. My mom wants a divorce but she's scared to tell my dad. He's already threatened to hurt her worse than he has. I didn't tell Katie cause I was scared she would call the police and that scares me. I don't know why. I can't do anything. I might as well be dead. Eddie hates me. My friends hate me. My dad hates me. My grades aren't the best. I have no talent. I can't do anything. I roll over in my bed to face my window. I scan my room with my eyes and then I turn over on my back and look at the ceiling. The picture of Eddie was still up there. I forgot about it. I stare at him wishing he was here but no matter how hard I wish it doesn't happen. He was so cute in that photo. All I wanna do is hug and kiss him. He hates me. I know he does. If he doesn't then he should. I think I'm gonna skip school on Monday. Just to avoid all my friends. It's been a long weekend but I wish it would be even longer.

*morning*

I open my eyes to see that same picture of Eddie on my ceiling. Ugh what a night. I look at him and whisper "I love you" before I get up and stretch out. My parents usually sleep in on the weekends cause they don't have to go to work which is a perfect opportunity for me to wake up early and do what ever I want. Thank god I actually could sleep. I may have put a camera in Eddies room. But it's not like I'm stalking him. I'm just checking on him if he's moving or shaking so I can tell if he's having another dream. It can sense people moving and it notifys me every single time. I just want to make sure he's safe. I walk down the stairs quietly and to the kitchen. I sneak a bagel from the fridge and cream cheese. I don't toast my bagels. I like them cold. (He like's it cold)
I make my bagel and go back up to my room. I wish I could just stop thinking.