Home

I'm sorry I rarely update this story. I just feel like no one likes it. But I've been receiving so many comments and I really appreciate it. I love writing these. But I'm working on my other story too. So highly suggest it becuz in my opinion it is better than this one. Enjoy.

Eddies POV

I sit and stare out of the car looking at the morning traffic. It's so quiet in the car. All I can hear is Richie breathing. In and out. In and out. But that's all I really care about hearing.

Richie: Hey wanna stop and get some food. I'm sure my mom probably wants something too?

Richie seems so calm. I mean, with what he is going through. He is acting like today is a normal stress-free day. I guess we are just used to it.

Eddie: um yeah, lets get some food.

*at home*

We picked up some food on the way home and both step out of the car and walk inside. I look about the empty home.

Eddie: Maggie?

Richie walks to the kitchen and sets the food down on the table.

Richie: Mom?

Maggie starts walking down the stairs. I see her. She's wearing a oversized sweatshirt and some leggings. Her hair is up in a bun and there is a red mark across her face and a bruise on her neck. She has a coffee in one hand and her phone in the other. Richie walks back into the front part of the house and looks at his mom.

His eyes have a hopeful longing in them.

Richie: Mom, are you ok? What happened?

She gets down to the 1st floor and gives Richie and big hug.

Maggie: I'm more than ok, honey. We are finally free.

She looks at me. Dead in the eye. And mouthes "Thank you."

Richie lets go of her. She smiles.

Maggie: Oh come here.

Maggie goes in for a hug. I let her. She hugs me tight. I love Maggie. And even though my mom is better than ever. I will always consider Richies mom as mine too. She was there when I was at my lowest. When I was kicked out of my house. When no one supported me, she was there. I love her.

Richie: We bought some food.

Richie runs to the kitchen and starts taking all of the food out. Me and Maggie start walking in and eating. I feel bleh. It's not that I feel bad. I'm happy that everything is back to way it is supposed to be but at the same time I feel like, I don't know what to do. Like I feel nothing. I feel numb. Maybe it's just because of the stuff. But I feel like, boring. I feel like all of this has no meaning. Like I'm broken and I know I'm not gonna get fixed.