"What Surgery?"

We both cry while holding each other. I love him. We both morph into a laying down position on his bed where we are both facing each other.

Richie: Shouldn't you be getting home, your mother is probably worried sick.

Eddie: My mom is out of town for a few days and I'm staying here.

Richie: My parents aren't gonna get back until Thursday so we have a few days.

Eddie: Richie, um you need to see someone ok?

Richie: What? Who?

Eddie: I'm just saying I'm not a therapist nor are your parents and your friends. I love you and I just think you need to tell your parents so they can get you the help you need.

Richie: What? No, I don't need help Eddie   I'm f-

Eddie: Richie you just had a gun pointed to your head, we can't act like that didn't just happen.

Richie: I-I don't want to tell my parents.

Eddie: Well you have too.

Richie: No I don't, I can't.

Eddie: Why not?

Richie: Because I just can't.

Eddie: Yes you can, just sit down and have a talk with them.

Richie: No.

Eddie: well if you don't I will.

Richie: Fine, I'll tell them.

Eddie: good.

I lean in to kiss his cheek but he moves his face. My lips on his. It lasts a few seconds. I smile breaking the kiss. He smiles once he sees me. I grab his hand and hold it tight.

Richie: Do we have to tell the rest of the group?

Eddie: No, as long as you tell your parents so they can get you help.

Richie: Ok please don't tell anyone even the group.

Eddie: I won't.

Richie: Also I'm really sorry about lunch.

Eddie: yeah, why did you get so mad?

Richie: *laugh* I wasn't mad at you but I just didn't know how to tell you so I got mad at myself.

Eddie: Richie, just know that you can tell me anything. I won't get mad. After all we've been through you can tell me anything..........except you wanna break up.

Richie: *big laugh* I would never.

Eddie: Richie, listen I love you so much it hurts and I would do anything for you, I would die for you. Your life is one of the only things that keep me going so don't take that away from me. Promise?

Richie: Promise.

I smile. I look at his sparkly eyes.

Eddie: One day, me and you will be sitting down on a couch holding hands and hugging. We will be so happy. You will be a famous singer and we will laugh and talk about all this shit. Hours turn into minutes and minutes turn into seconds and then we will get up and go do it all over again. Stan will be happy with Bill. Millie will be happy to Beverly. And Max she'll be able to be with Lucas and we will all live happily with no worries and we will just hold hands and be free. And then I'll look up at you and say "We made it".

Richie: Ed's, you are the best thing that ever happened to me.

I smile.m and kiss him and then we both fall asleep in each other's arms.