"Ceramic Owl"

I've already missed enough school but you know it's easy to catch up plus it's almost the end of school so all we do anymore is just play on our phones. My mom goes into the living room and hand signals me to come in after her. I do. I sit on the couch.

Mom: Did you get any medicine?

Eddie: Um, yesterday was a little blurry but yeah, it's in my backpack.

I get up and go to my bag. I pull out the pill bottle the doctor said I needed to take.
I walk back over to my mom. I hand it to her. I look at the tv while she looked over the pills. "That 70s show" was on.

Mom: You need to take one everyday.

Eddie: mom, seriously I'm fine.

Mom: Well I'm gonna do what the doctors want.

Eddie: Fine.

Mom: Go get a glass of water.

I sigh. I stand up and walk into the kitchen. I reach into the cabinets and grab a cup. I close the cabinet. And set the cup on the counter. I pull out the water pitcher from out the fridge and pour a glass. I put the pitcher back in the fridge. I take the glass of water back into the living room. I sit down and my mom hands me a pill. I place it in my mouth and drink right after.

Mom: Where's your fanny pack?

Fanny pack? Oh i just threw it into the quarry while screaming fuck you mom.

Eddie: I think I left it at Richies house.

Mom: Ok well next time you're over there, grab it.

Eddie: Got it mom.

I set my glass of water down on the table. Suddenly there is a slight thud from upstairs. My mom looks at me confused.

Eddie: I'll go see what that is, it's probably just a thing fell off my shelf.

I get up from the couch and go over to the stairs I walk up and down the hall to my room. I open the door and see Richie standing in my room. I step inside shutting the door behind me.

Eddie: What the hell are you doing here?

He turns around surprised.

Richie: Oh, I thought you would've already left for school by now.

Eddie: My mom is forcing me to miss school.

Richie: oh.

I give him another weird look like "what the hell" look. He raises his eyebrows.

Richie: Oh I wanted to give you this

He hands me a box with a golden bow on top.

Eddie: You could've given this to me at school, or after school, or like any other way besides sneaking into my room.

Richie: Sorry I just- I need to get to school, see you later. Love you.

Eddie: I love you too.

He goes over to the window and hops down. I am so confused right now. I look down at the box. I take off the lid and throw it on my bed. I look at the little note.

Saw this in the store and thought you might like it, I think it would go well with your little nick-nacks on your shelf. It can watch you while you sleep, I just realized how creepy that sounds but yeah. Love you.