♤|19|♤

"Of course ..."

Hawk didn't think twice. This surprised (y/n) ,she never thought it was easy. Considering the last 2 times she attempted to hire workers for her household. She looked at the male , who is very insisted on working.

"I see , very well then. But what about your fighting career ?" She asked him.

"Its only a way to make ends meet ... All my life I've been nothing but street rat raised by thugs who taught me how to kill. It was a way of living-to survive. Until this competition came along which gave me the opportunity not just to get the needs I want but also hone my skills" Hawk said.

(Y/n) was intrigued by Hawk's story , even though it really isn't enough. She knows it isn't good to pry on it. Maybe soon ... In fact , she doesn't know most of her staff's back story. Especially Sebastian's. She only knows what he and her father has done during his time.

"When do I start ?" Hawk asked , as he finally finishes fixing his wounds.

"Tomorrow at noon , I will have one of my colleagues fetch you" (y/n) replied.

"Then it is settled then... I am glad to be working for you Lady Phantomhive" He took (y/n)'s hand. Bowed and kissed her hand.

■■■

"My lady , Master Ho-chien and the new employee will be arriving shortly" Sebastian said as he entered (y/n)'s office. The mistress was studying on the leads and data collected by her butler. "How is the case going my lady ?" He asked as he stood beside her.

"It isn't enough , but it will do for now" she put down the papers and massaged her temples. "Are you sure nothing strange has happened when you followed the spectators after the match ?" She asked her butler.

"Nothing unusual ... Only that majority of them came from this village" Sebastian pointed at the map.

(Y/n) then got an idea. "Sebastian , I think you just opened up another clue ..." she said and looked at the map.

"This area right here , the land is owned by none other than Lord Theodore II. He was the first person to have unexpectedly dissappeared in this case. And also , the only noble so far" she explained. "But why though ?"

There was then another knock on the door. "My lady , master Ho-chien and the new worker has arrived" Margaret said as she opened the door. "I've made them wait at the guest room".

"Thank you , Margaret". The maid bowed and left. (Y/n) turned to Sebastian and stood up. "Time to meet and welcome him to the household"

They went to guest room where Ho-chien is drinking the tea served by Margaret. Hawks sitting quietly. Lammy and Yammy were peaking through a small gap at the door.

"A new friend Lammy ! A new friend ! Do you think he's strong ?" Yammy asked his sister.

"I know Yammy , he looks attractive as well. I wanna be friends with him. I'm so excited !" Lammy squealed.

Sebastian and (y/n) saw the twins peeking at the door. "Yammy , Lammy , what are you two doing here ?" The butler asked.

The twins were surprised by the sudden appearance of the butler. "S-Sebastian ! W-we were just .. uhm..." Lammy was at lost for words. "Just checking out the new worker !" Yammy was the one who finished her sentences. "We are on break after all"

"That is enough , your break time is over. Head back to your stations , now now. Help Zymon in preparing lunch" He ordered them. The twins nodded and went back to the kitchen.

"I'm surprised you managed to get the twins to follow you. I thought they only listen to me and Zymon" (y/n) was impressed.

Sebastian smirk. "I am full of surprises my lady , after all ... I am one hell of a butler"

(Y/n) just rolled her eyes and entered the guest room. "Hello Ho-chien , thank you for fetching Hawk" she said as she sat down.

"Anytime (y/n)" Ho-chien said and stood up. "Now if you excuse me , I will be heading to the comfort room to relieve myself" he left , leaving (y/n) and Sebastian alone with Hawk.

"Amazing mansion you got here" Hawk said as he looks around. "As expected of a high class noble working for the king"

"Alright ... Let's get down to business" (y/n) said turning to Hawk. "I know you have already agreed to what is at stake when you work for me".

"I've already disregarded my life , I just need now is a master to work for. A worthy one" he said sternly.

(Y/n) rose a brow. "Then I am the one your looking for" she said proudly. "But before that , I suppose it is best if know your true name"

"True name ?"

"Yes" nodded (y/n). "Hawk , after all is your fighter name"

"My lady , Hawk is the name fit for me ... my old one is now erases from existence" he said.

"Well then ... If that is the case , starting from now on, you shall be working for me Hawk"

***

In the dead of night , Hawks walks to the telephone at the library. "Hello boss ... I'm in. I know its to easy , but don't worry. I won't let my guard down"

"I trust you on that ... Takeyo".

■■■

(Y/n) was still reading a book in her study room. Sebastian walks in , carrying a candelabra.

"My lady , it is time for bed. It would be better if we resume this in the morning" The butler said.

"Just let me finish this Sebastian ... It's quite an interesting book" (y/n) said as she flipped through the next page.

Sebastian  raised a brow. "Oh and what is it about ?"

"A story of a young warrior who foolishly thought he could betray his master" (y/n) answered with a smirk. She then put a book mark on the page , then closed the book and put it at her desk.

"Oh , and what part are you now on , my lady ?" The butler askes.

"The part where in the warrior contacted the enemy of the master" With (y/n) answer , this made Sebastian smirk. "Let's just play along , Sebastian. It'll do good and lead us to the real culprit of this mess"

"Yes , my lady".