♤|67|♤

In the far off past , 2 innocent souls spar with each other in fencing.

"Ha ! I win ! I win !" young Edgar said in delight as he manages to defeat his sister.

"No fair you always win !" Emily whined.

"You're just not strong enough" retorted Edgar.

"Hey, I am !" Insisted Emily. "I'm strong ! And I'll get stronger to defeat you !".

"Oh yeah , well... I'll get stronger to protect you guys" Edgar responded.

"Uh... Edgar" Emily was surprised hearing jer brother's words. "When I grow up I'll do my best to protect you guys... You , Alice , Grandma , Grandpa , mother and father ,and even (Y/n). So I'm gonna work hard and be the knight and shining armor you guys needed" Edgar said with a grin.

"That's cheesy" Emily muttered.

"Hey !!!!". The girl laughed seeing her brother's reaction.

"Well , I guess I'm going to work hard as well" Emily said. "Your not the only one who'll be protecting our family".

"Right , let's get stronger -".

"Together !" The two siblings promised to each other...

■■■

"Edgar , Emily , are you two ready to go ?" (Y/n) asked before they separate.

Emily nodded in response. Edgar on the other hand walked towards  (Y/n).

"Hey , (Y/n)" he called to her. He looked at her steadily. (Y/n ) felt uneasy as Edgar looked down on her.

"U-Uhm... I-Is something wrong ?" (Y/n) fidgeted.

Edgar quickly gave (Y/n) a short kiss which shocked everyone.

The girl's eyes widened. Emily squealed happily , while Sebastian rose a brow.

(Y/n)'s face was all red. "Ehhhhh ????!!!!" was all (Y/n) could say.

Edgar gave her a soft smile. "Good luck out there" he said.

(Y/n) finally regained her composure , but her face was still bright red. "Do your best as well" she responded.

Edgar grinned. He then turned to his sister , "Come on Em , let's go".

"Right !".

"We should be leaving as well my lady" Sebastian said as he grabbed (Y/n)'s hands.

"See you later ... (Y/n)" Edgar muttered under his breathe.

■■■

'Alright ... Here is the plan. Edgar , Emily , you two sneak in to the castle in search for the prince. I doubt they would escape , since Sebastian had already burned down their headquarters. There is a chance that he's only been hidden in the castle since they need him for the Shapeshifter to copy his appearance for long... Use the ball to your advantage and the news that I have perished  . They will center security for the coronation, but also heighten their guard down since now they believe the Stray Dog is dead...'