♤|53|♤

In the dead of night , two horses arrived at the port. Two women - Emily and her temporary partner Jessarie , a member of the Condolence party- walked to a ship that was docked. None other than Ho-chien's ship.

They didn't hesitate on walking aboard , and went to the captain's cabin , where it was dimly lit with lamps and torches inside. Jessarie was about to bare down the door just to get inside , but Emily had stopped her.

"We don't need to resort to violence" Emily spoke.

"But isn't he a close colleague to the Stray Dog ? He's ready to protect her. He won't cooperate with us through some simple talk" responded Jessarie..

"I know , but ... I can't hurt Mr. Ho-chien , he's-".

"Blaaahhh" whined Jessarie , "Fine , I'll let you interrogate with him first. But if he doesn't cooperate or shows any signs of attacking - I'm going to take charge" said Jessarie.

"A-alright ...". Emily then knocked on the door of the Captain's cabin.

"Come in" Ho-chien's voice said from the inside. The two women entered inside.

Ho-chien was in his desk , signing documents and other stuff. The room was dimly lit with small torches and lamps. He looked at the two women and gave them a smile.

"Oh hello there , I don't get allot of visitors around this time" he said.

"Ho-chien , we came here to ask for (Y/n) Phantomhive's whereabouts" Emily started to speak.

"I thought I was already cleared on being a suspect for hiding her ?" Ho-chien responded.

Jessarie slammed her fists on Ho-chien's desk. "LISTEN HERE , YOU BETTER TELL THE TRUTH OR ELSE-"

"Jessarie !" Emily reprimanded. She then slowly pulled her back. "I thought you said you'll let me handle this ?"

"I'm getting impatient on this man ... Just let me squeeze the information out of him !".

"We just barely started ! And we don't even have concrete proof that he knows where she is !" Emily replied back. "Just let me talk to him first ..."

"Fine" scoffed Jessarie , she gave a cold glare at Ho-chien. She then walked to a corner , watching Emily interrogate Ho-chien.

"Ho-chien , I know (Y/n) relies on you . You're one of her most trusted colleagues ... And a great friend. But there are times , we have to sacrifice our loyalty , our friendships for the greater good. Please Ho-chien , tell us where is (Y/n)" Emily said in a pleading tone.

"What moving words Emily ... But I will repeat the same words I said to the Yard - "I don't know where she is"" Ho-chien responded. "The Yard has already investigated my ship , and the warehouse I own. I am clean Dear Emily , you are only wasting your time

"Uh..."

"My , I know you are doing this for vengeance - but not fully ..." Ho-chien started. "Even though (Y/n) has shot your father , you still can't raise your sword at her if you face her off ... In fact , I can tell this whole search-and-capture , is against your own will. Even if you did it off your own accord or not". Emily couldn't respond to his words.

"SHUT UP !!!" Jessarie shouted , she flips Ho-chien's desk at him. She then pulled the injured man and grabbed him by the collar about to punch him. "You annoying , arrogant-"

"Jessarie !!!" Emily exclaimed. Shocked at what she did. "No ! Don't do it !" She tried stopping her.

"You are in the way !!!" Jessarie exclaimed and threw Emily to the wall with her inhuman strength. The female Knight's vision became blurry.