♤|38|♤

"(Y/n)" Paula called to the girl.

(Y/n) and Edgar stopped at what they were doing and approached the maid. "What is it paula ?" Edgar asked.

"My boy ... Its your grandfather" Paula replied grimly.  Edgar's eyes widened. This isn't good. "He wants to speak with (y/n)" she finished.

"Oh ..." Edgar only said. He let out a sigh of relief. "You had me freeze there , Grandpa's done with his check up then. Let's go see him (y/n)"

Paula stopped Edgar. She shook her head at the boy. "I'm sorry dear master , but your Grandfather only wants to see (y/n)"

"Me ?" (Y/n) muttered. Mixed emotions swelled inside her. Should she be happy that she would finally get to speak with her grandfather ? Afraid that she might break down seeing him in the state that he's in ? It was confusing for her. But whatever it maybe , she had to see him.

"I'll be back , Edgar" (y/n) said to him. The male only nodded in response. (Y/n) turned her attention to the old maid. "Lead me to him..."

Paula then guided (y/n) to Alexis' chambers. As they arrived at the door , Edward was there seemingly waiting for her to arrive. He greeted the girl with a glare and walked towards her. (Y/n) expected that he might say something threatening or heart-wrenching , but she was surprised on what he said.

"Please enjoy the little time he has left" Edward spoke in a sad and pleading tone.

(Y/n)'s heart sank upon hearing those words.

As she entered the room , she had to control her tears. Seeing her grandfather laying peacefully waiting for death was a site she couldn't bear to see. She gulped a lump on her throat and remained calm.

"G-Grandfather ..." She finally learned to talk once again.

"(Y/n) ... Is that you ?" Alexis spoke weakly. He attempted to sit up but he was to weak to move.

"Grandpa" (y/n) then went to her Grandfather , assisted him in standing up.

Alexis's eyes were watery upon seeing his granddaughter. "My sweet (y/n)..." he said softly placing a hand on her cheeks. "You've grown so much... You may take after your father , but your eyes ... You have your mother's eyes"

(Y/n) couldn't say anything. She was lost at words. The

"My dear (y/n) , I'm so sorry to let you see me in such a state... Your Grandfather couldn't live long enough to see you become a great Head of the Phantomhives. When your mother died , I was never there to support you ... I distance myself ... Now , you walk a path alone full of hardships. From the bottom of my heart I deeply apologize for all the neglect I've given you"

(Y/n) shook her head. She held her Grandfather's hand tightly. "Grandpa ... Please , you never had left me ! You ... I was the one who put space. I was the one who tore the bonds"

"(Y/n)..." Alexis muttered.

■■■■■

"Lizzie , are you mad ?! Why do you insist on doing this ? I won't allow it ... What about your daughter , (y/n) ! Think about your child , her future !" Alexis exclaimed to his daughter.

"Papa , I have to do this. Its either me , Ciel or (y/n)"

"Why ? Why did I even let you be with him ?" He pleaded.

"Papa ... I chose Ciel because I love him. I love both Ciel and (y/n) , which is why I must be the one to do it"

"I can't let you do this !" He grabbed onto his daughter , unwilling to let her go. Tears stream down his eyes.