♤|37|♤

"Your mother's room ... Aunt Elizabeth's" Emily muttered. "I'm sorry"

"Its alright Emily" (y/n) spoke softly. She then looked at the door. "So I guess this room is off limits then"

Emily nodded. "This room has never been opened for a very long time now... Eversince she died" she regretted saying the last part. "(Y/n)..."

(Y/n) gave her reassuring small. "I already accepted it ... Now , I just have to learn to accept Grandfather's soon"

Emily wanted to disagree with the last part. But she knew , it was going to happen soon. She then patted her cousin's shoulder to find a way in comforting her.

■■■■■

(Y/n) was in the mini library , finding any book that would suffice her boredom. She wanted to see her grandfather , but the old Maid Paula told her he was asleep. It was best to leave him be and not disturb him.

As she looks through the shelves , finding anything that might amuse her until she heard a heavy groan. She looked to where it came from and found her cousin Edgar laying on the couch looking anxious.

"Tch ..." Edgar spoke. "A new set ? Easy for you to say Emily. You don't know the burden I'm carrying" he grumbled.

"Edgar ..." (y/n) muttered. She didn't hesitate on walking towards him.

"What are you doing here ?" He scoffed.

"Idling until I can go see my grandfather" (y/n) replied casually , taking a seat on a vacant couch across Edgar. "You and your father both forbid me to go ... and when I tried to see him , I was told not to since he was resting. Just my luck"

"Oh ..." that was all Edgar could say.

"Shouldn't you keep up the charade of hating me ? Your father might not like it if you act all buddy-buddy with me"

Edgar was surprised at (y/n)'s words. "Y-you knew ?" He asked.

"It was merely a guess , but judging by your reaction. I was right" (y/n) said sternly. "I know you weren't the type to do that to me"

"How were you so sure that I wasn't doing it all on purpose ?" Edgar continued on questioning.

"You could never hurt me" it was (y/n)'s reply. "But I can understand you had to for the sake of whatever your father threatened you to do ... I'm fine with that , as long as you gain what you've been working hard for"

"(Y/n)..." Edgar muttered. "I guess that's why your run the Funtom Company at such a young age. The reason why you can handle any case the king has given you ... You are just simply amazing"

(Y/n) was flattered on Edgar's compliment.

The boy then looked up at the ceiling , pondering. "Father made the wrong choice of canceling the arrange marriage"

Now that made (y/n) loose her composure. "R-right ... I forgot that I was your fiance long ago" she stuttered. She realized that the boy she is talking to now was susposed to be her husband.

Edgar sighed. "It was funny ... We had marry each other , when in fact we treated each other as siblings" he said a smile crept on his face. "You would get lost in the forest , making everyone worried ... All the butlers and maids would attempt to find you but only I can"

'E-edgar ...'

'Don't worry (n/n) , I'm here ...'

"I would always give you a piggyback on that way home. You were so cute"

This made (y/n) blush. She hid ut by looking away. "I-I don't remember that" she lied.

Edgar chuckled at (y/n)'s demeanor. He then stood up. "Come"