♤|39|♤

It was a rainy day ... People around a grave. The Undertaker was burying the coffin which contains the dead and lifeless body of none other than Elizabeth Midford-Phantomhive.

"Lizzie ..." Edward muttered. He glared at Ciel who was looking down at his wife's coffine , his eyes showing no emotion at all. Edward was angered on the blank emotions Ciel has , and wanted to punch him on the face. But Francis pulled him back.

"Don't make a scene Edward... Is this how you want to act on your own sister's funeral !?" She tried hiding the pain in her heart. Edward didn't want to see his mother acting like this , so he had to control him.

The strict and well-compose Francis Midford , being vulnerable. She only shows this side of her when something had affected her gravely. Like the death of her own daughter.

"M-mama ?" The little girl trembled. "N-no ..Please ! M-mama !!!!!!!"

■■■■

"(Y/n) ..." Alexis approaches his Granddaughter staring at the window.

The girl looked at looked him , tears in her eyes. "I-I miss ... M-mama"

Alexis heart sank ... He hugged his Granddaughter tightly.

"I'm sorry ... (Y/n) , I promise ... I will never let you let you experience this feeling ever again" He spoke softly to her , giving her warm and reassuring hug.

(Y/n) found ease and comfort from her grandfather. Believing in the promise he gave to her.

■■■■

It was aching for (y/n) to be remembering every moment that she shared with her Grandfather... It made her relive the melancholy she had with her mother's death

"My Lady" Sebastian said as he approaches his mistress. Deadpanned and emotionless , her face was expressionless. She had been in this state for awhile now after her Grandfather's passing.

"The Funeral will be starting soon , its time to change" Her butler said but she gave no reply. She only looked at her butler , with her eyes hiding despair. "I will prepare your outfit" Sebastian spoke.

(Y/n) just nodded.

It was a downpour on that day. The weather reflected the sorrow everyone had as they commenced the funeral for none other than Alexis Midford.

Close friends of the Midford's were there , along with some of (y/n)'s. Ho-chien , King Sohma and his son attended as well.

Everyone was in grief seeing a good man go...

"He was a greatman" King Sohma said to Francis. "I was honored to have met someone like him"

Francis only nodded in response , trying to remain stern and unwavered. But it was clear , she is struggling.

On the other hand , Ho-chien was looking at (y/n) with worry and pity. She still had a blank expression on her face , many percieve this that she felt nothing for her Grandfather's death.

"She hasn't yet shed a tear ?"
"...and to think she was Alexis favorite !"
"That's a Phantomhive all right ... Stone-cold and heartless"
"She must've been happy to see him go"

These were the whispers around the nobles whom the Midford's invited to the burial. Thinking that the girl didn't care about her own Grandfather.

But the truth is ... She felt deep but only one emotion during funeral.

As they started burying his coffin , that family started crying once again. Francis gave up and broke down sobbing , Edward comforted his mother but couldn't hold back his tears , Amanda was comforting her two daughters , Alice and Emily who were crying, Edgar attempted to be strong , but inside... It was a flood of tears.