♤|32|♤

"The Marquee of the Midford Family , Alexis Leon Midford , your grandfather is...."  (Y/n) read the contents of the letter. Her eyes widened upon reading it all.

"What does it say My lady ?" Sebastian asked as he serves (y/n) her breakfast.

She looked at her butler. "Grandfather ... He's ... he's at the brink of death. He's suffering from a grave illness and has only a few days to live. He wants to see the whole family , before he goes" she responded.

(Y/n) looked down , covered her face with her hands. Sadness loomed over her. "Its been sometime since I last visited them... I never would have expected Grandfather to be-" she didn't want to finish the sentence. "I would expect to see him go down as warrior , not be defeated by some illness... Its hard to digest"

She then stood up. "I'm going to visit him"

Sebastian was surprised by the sudden declaration of the mistress. "My lady , are you sure ? What about your uncle ?"

"I don't care ... He may despise me , but... Grandfather doesn't !" (Y/n) exclaimed. "He's the last connection I have with mother ..." she mumbled those last words. Certain memories emerged from the back of her mind , but this isn't the time to be reminiscing.

(Y/n) turned to her butler. "Sebastian prepare the carriage and tell Margaret to pack my clothes... We might be away for a couple of days"

"Yes , my lady" Sebastian bowed then left the room.

■■■■■■

"You're leaving again ?" Lammy whimpered , as she along with the other servants watch their mistress before she sets off. "You just came back from another case" the little girl added.

"Its a family matter Lammy. Sebastian and I won't be long" (y/n) replied to the half-breed who was now difting in droopy manner. The mistress then patted her head. "Don't be sad ... How about I bring something for you when I return ? Sounds good ?"

Lammy's frown then turned upside down. Her rosy cheeks added the cuteness factor of her smile. (Y/n) found it so cute , but had to control herself. It would be embarrassing if they saw her fawning over cute stuff , for she had to maintain that strong and steel-hearted image.

"I can't wait Mistress !" Lammy squeaked happily. She then suddenly conjured little petals out of thin air. 'S-so cute !!' (Y/n) thought out loud.

"Hey , don't just give my sister a treat ! We're a package deal !" Yammy joined in. "Whatever she's having , I should too !" He retorted.

(Y/n) sighed and gave the two a soft smile. "Alright you two , as long as you both behave and do your duties well"

"We will !" The twins both said at the same time.

Margaret was watching the little conversation between the Mistress and the twins , as she was loading (y/n)'s luggage at the carriage. She couldn't help but smile at seeing the site of them.

"What's going on Margaret ? Your all smiles for today" Zymon said as he approaches the maid.

"Its the twins" She responded as she pointed at the direction where they are. "The Mistress has quite the soft spot for them ... They somehow bring out the caring elder sister in her. Its very cute in fact"

But Zymon had a different reaction. He sighed while face palming. "Those two..." he muttered. "They really forget that (y/n) is our mistress. Its kind off embarrassing , those two kids messing with the Mistress. Sometimes , I would feel the shame for them"

"That's rough buddy" Takeyo joined in , patting Zymon's back.

Margaret giggled. "Don't be . In fact , what they're doing to her is very wonderful ".