♤|20|♤

"Another disappearance..." (y/n) said as she read the headlines of the morning paper. They've been investigating these disappearances for 3 days now , and still no lead.

They already went to Lord Theodore II's area and have conducted an investigation there  , sadly no lead. Even bringing up the question of the disappearances to the villager - still nothing useful.

(Y/n) was starting to get stressed on the matter. She massages her temples , to ease herself. "We're stuck in a dead end if this continues on" she muttered in her study. She glanced unto the files scattered on her desk , trying to find a deeper connection between each disappearance.

Sebastian was serving her tea , along with Margaret pushing the cart. "It's been 3 days now , and the mistress hasn't yet found anything new" Margaret muttered to Sebastian. "I've never seen her in this state".

"Its normal at times like these" Sebastian replied to the maid. "This only happens when she has a case  that is challenging and she sees a thrilling one ... She may looked troubled , but rest assured , she's fine"

"O-okay then"

"You guys talk as if I'm nowhere in the room" (y/n) spoke up.

"Pardon us mistress" Margaret and Sebastian both said.

After tea time , Margaret left the room. At the same time , Hawks entered. "Young mistress , I've already finished trimming the hedges to your desired shape... Is there anything more you want me to do ?" He asked.

"None for the time being".

Hawk was surprised at the appearance of his mistress. "Dear me , you look in terrible shape mistress. Have you slept well ?"

"I have" scoffed (y/n) , wanting the  new hired gardener to leave. "You may go-" but Hawk interrupted her.

"Do not tell me this is about the case my lady !" He exclaimed. "Oh , if there is anything I could help. I would do in the best of my abilities to" he said with conviction.

Then an idea had struck (y/n)'s head. She was blinded on the missing persons , when she had a key to the source. Playing along with Hawk's schemes , or a.k.a Takeyo's acts must've rubbed off on her. Now , its time to get real.

"Actually there is Hawk" she said , causing the gardener to beam.

"R-really ?"

"You've been fighting at that joint for a very long time now , you must know a thing or two about the organizers of that place ?"

Hawk shook his head. "I'm afraid I don't my lady , you see the whole goal of the competitor's in the Black Championship is to keep on fighting until the organizers find you worthy of meeting them. Once done , you will receive vast riches that many have ever dreamed off".

This intrigued (y/n). "I see . And has anyone achived such feat ?"

Hawk shook his head once again. "I'm afraid not ... Those who were close to never accomplished it. They either have died in action or gave up".

"Well then , that sounds strange" (y/n) sternly said. "If all these disappearances have some connection to the Black Championship , then it is settled then" she then stood up. "Sebastian , Hawk you will both will be participating at the Black tournament"

"R-really mistress ?" Hawk said in disbelief. "I already gave up my life of fighting to serve you ..."

"Then use that pitiful life you have to follow this order. You and Sebastian both participate in the Black Championship" she spoke.

It was Sebastian's turn to speak. "But my lady , it then means we will be away for awhile , living in those slums... I will be away from you" he said. It may sound sweet , but Sebastian only worries that someone else might steal his meal.