Chapter 2

I didn't miss the sparkling glint in his brown orbs when he whispered those dangerous words. His pupils dilate and I found some strange feeling crawls up my spinal cord. For a mere second, I lost in the feeling. A strange but familiar feeling.

"What are you blabbering of?.." Panic mixed roughly in my voice.

"Chill out Bella. I was joking." My name rolls along with his tongue smoothly, but what fascinated me was the familiarity. The familiarity of my name on his voice. His lips were tugged into an amused grin but his eyes told a different story.

A story that I'm not ready to read. Never will.

"I need to go.." And without wasting any more second I moved to pass him.

It was eight passes fifteen when I stepped in Chandler Street of Boston city. Living in Boston was my childhood dream. So when I got offered at Northeastern University, happiness was nothing closer to how I was felt.

Some feelings and moments cannot be compiled into words.

Tall lamps along the street lighten up the empty street, giving it a yellowish-orange vibe. Yellow flowers that lie limply on the street's pavement are the reason why I so much attracted to this city when I first saw it in the newspaper. Love at first sight.

The Boston city's wind blows my brown locks out of my face to my behind. A smile crept up on my oval-shaped face when the soft homely smell hits my nostrils. I hug myself tightly, walking slowly. I love this place.

Along with the soft sound of my sandals thuds the pavement, sound of soft but heavy thuds of boots followed me behind. All the way from the bridge. With no word. He is a few steps behind me, but I can totally feel his gaze on my back.

I want to believe that he is creepy and not safe but my heart not really buying it. Ass my heart.

Before I climb up the few stairs to reach the front door of my house, I hang on at the steps of stairs for him to catch up on me. I feel so stupid for being like this. For letting the real Isabella take control instead of the fake one. I don't like this. With a few strides, he reached me. Boston wind flew pass us two, messing up our hairs.

"Thank you... But you really don't have to walk me home back. You know, it's .." I stopped midway of my words and breathing when his long fingers tugs away the strand of hair that fall on my face, and place it behind my ears softly, slowly, tenderly like I'm a fragile glass that he afraid to touch.

His fingers linger at my ears giving me all kind of strange feeling. His eyes never leave mines at all. I stood there looking anywhere else but him.

Awkward much. So, I took a step back.

"Umm... Bye.." I whispered and without waiting for his reply, I in a flash walk pass him, run up the few stairs, open the dark brown wooden door, get in and close it.

With leaning against the door, I exhaled the breath I was holding on and slides down slowly; knowing he is still standing outside my door.

Don't ask me how I knew because I don't know.