Chapter 12

It is five in the evening and I would be lying if I say I'm not nervous. Parker will be here in any seconds. I know I'm being unreasonable. It's not like he is taking me out. I mean it's not a date. But still, I just can't control my nervousness. After having our super awkward, only for me, lunch he asks me to drop him by his house so that he can drive his own car following me to my home, where I leave my car and he drove me back to the hospital.

He is really a pain in the ass.

My thoughts race back to the restaurant. Because I like to. No matter, what I do, seemingly I can't stop myself from thinking his words over and over again. What did he mean by that?

I mean I know he is trying to flirt from the first day. I can understand what he is trying to do. I'm not that stupid. When a man constantly tries to be around you it's either he is trying to have sex with you or he is really into you. But according to my girl instinct, Parker didn't fall into the first category. Trust me. Girls know when a guy tries to hit you. But the second option sees...

"Dreaming teddy bear?" Parker's voice snapped me back from my so-called inner conflicts. When did he arrive? And why he looks so amused?

"Nop" I straighten my body. "Cooking." I joke terribly when I'm nervous. And did he address me a teddy bear? I never know we are in a nicknames basis. "So are we walking to the cinema?" I change the topic, seeing he is not in his car. Don't tell me, he will make me walk to the cinema. Is that why he ask me to leave my car at home?

Without saying anything he points at something. My eyes ward off from him to the direction he pointed. How I wish I would disappear now. His car is on the other side of the road.

"I had honk several times but you were standing there like a statue staring at__"

I cut him off ."Oh..Then what we are waiting for..." I walk past him quickly. This is mortifying. I heard him laugh, walking behind me.

I turn back and glared at him. But it doesn't stop him. "You look cute when you're embarrassed.." He ruffled my hair playfully and walk past me, still laughing. Cute? Am I a child now?

"Are you going to stand there still Bella?" Parker asks, unlocking his car.

"Yes!!" I shouted like a child.

What's gotten into you, Bella? Don't make yourself fool in front of him, can you?

"Then, daddy will carry you to the car. Are you okay with that?" He leaned on his car door, looking all glory and smirked.

Jerk.

☂♫☂♫

As usual Ryan Reynolds shows his magic that can make any women go awe. Sometimes men too. But today that magic surprisingly didn't work on me. Sorry, Ryan. The blame is on someone that sitting beside me.

I move on my seat, attempting to get far away from Parker. But you and I, we both know how small is the seat of the cinema. Moreover, it's a couple seat. A freaking couple seat. When I questioned him why this type of seat, he avoided my eyes and said, "This is the only seat available. Most of them were full."

Liar.

I sneak a peek at Parker, whose eyes were glued on the screen. I really don't know what is that between men and Deadpool. They all are really into it. Anyway back to me, I have to admit that he really looks handsome right now. The light from big screens did justice for his good looks.

Well defined, with a sharp jaw and dark peppered stubble on his defined cheekbones. His slightly tanned skin glowed. The reflection of screen light, made his brown eyes to shine. His full pink lips pressed firmly, is so alluring. He is devilishly handsome.

"Loving what are you looking at?" Parker asks, out of sudden and all I could do was gaping like a goldfish. His eyes are still on screens, then how he knows that I'm staring at him? I bite my lips, still looking shocked at, this time his lips.

Then in that instant Parker turned and caught my eyes; Before I could turn away a smile spread across his face. I felt my whole body flush warm. Ignoring the warm and crocodiles under the pit of my stomach, I averted my eyes from him to the movie.

I like this feeling. I like these heartbeats. I don't know how this is possible, but my heart never beats this way to anyone before. Don't ask me whether I like him or not, because I have neither answer nor an explanation.

What's happening to me?