Chapter 6

I was putting the lasagna in the oven when my phone rings. I was preparing my breakfast. Before I could answer, the call ended; Unknown number. My phone rings again. Same unknown number.

"Hello? It's Isabella here."

" Hi, Bella. It's me, Parker."

No. I thought the call from some patients. A big NO.

"Oh.. Hi. What's the matter that you're calling early in the morning?"

"Be ready at three o'clock. I'll pick you up. Just wear something casual." He said so calmly. But I'm not.

"What? You're taking me out? For what? I really recommend you visit a mental clinic Parker." I said in one breath. How could he take me out? We are nothing.

"Just to meet my clique. I want to introduce you to them." Again he is so calm.

"I'm not coming. Why should I meet your friends? Why sh.."

He hangs up. Did that idiot really hang up on me?

GOD!! I HATE HIM!!!

It was exactly three when a loud car honk sounds outside of my home. I mute the television and see through my window. There stands my nightmare. In his trademark brown jacket leaning over a modified old model car looking straight at me. How does he know I'll look over from this window? He is so weird. And did he ever wash his jacket? He always wears that. I glared at him and walk back to my couch. Ellen's show is more important than him. I'm not going out with that stalker.

About 15 minutes have been passed when my curiosity peeks in and usher me to see whether Parker is still waiting or not. In my own house, I walk like a thief and carefully peek out of the window. The last thing I want right now is him seeing me checking whether he is still here or not. And he is not here...

HE IS NOT HERE!!

I thought he will freaking wait. Did he leave? How dare of him!!!

I open the door, run down the stairs, and look around. When I found he is not anywhere near here, that sinking feeling in my heart is unavoidable. I should have followed him. Exhaling loudly, I turn back on my heel.

He is something else. Buffalo!

I'm about to take a step on my doorsteps when I hear screeching sound of car tires at the end of the road that caught my attention and maybe the attention of the whole city. The same car Parker just now leaning on, sped, and parked at my driveway swiftly. I stood there rigid like a deer caught in the headlights. And there comes out the smirking jerk with a sneaker bar in his hand.

"Looking out for me, senorita?" He took a bite of the bar and never tried to hide the amusement on his face. His eyes wander all over me before it stopped at my eyes. "You're barefoot. Can't stay away from me, I guess." He bites his lips, clearly holding himself from laughing. I look down and yes I'm barefoot. So much your effort for not letting him know you're stalking on him, Bella.

Applause everyone.

"No.Why would I? I just came out to..to..to throw the trash. Yeah, trash."

You're plainly stupid Isabella. Another round of applause, please.

"Quit the lying Bella." He took a step forward and decreases the gap between us. " I know you searched for me. You always will..". His eyes were unwavering on mines. " Go change cloth and come with me. Trust me...That's all I ever asked."

The sincerity in his deep husky coated voice churns my stomach pit...I can't resist..

" Wait... I'll go and change my clothes first." I took a step back and run upstairs into my home. Quickly I change myself into jeans and an oversized sweater, pull up my hair in messy ponytails, applied baby powder, and mascara. I'm ready. Collecting everything needed, I rush out of the home. Parker waits for me in the car. In a few strides, I reach the passenger side and sit cautiously. Why did I agree to go with him? This is very awkward.

***************

Parker stopped the car in front of a single blue color painted family house. The drive was not very long. Throughout the drive nothing much happened except all those teddy bit chats where he is way too cool and me, being me. The awkward princess. For additional information, he asks a lot of questions.

We together walk towards the house, "Is this your friend's house?".

"Technically it's our house, I mean this is where I staying too, with my clique." He said absent-mindedly and opens the door.

The first thing I saw once I stepped into the house was, 3 pairs of eyes watching me. Two pairs eagerly while the other one arrogantly.

"Welcome, Isabella. Come have a seat..."Greets a girl who looks like at my age. She has short blonde hair and green eyes. She is beautiful. Beside her stands a tall young black-haired man, smiling sweetly at me. I awkwardly smile back and walk towards them with Parker by my side. Why he is doing this to me?

"Guys meet Isabella."

"Hi, Bella.I'm Catherine. " The short hair blondie said and hugged me." Nice to meet you, Catherine." I hugged back. She smelled coffee. "It's Cat. Call me Cat" She said and beamed looking at me. I don't know why she is so happy right now.

"Hi, Isabella. I'm Logan. Finally, I had met you in person. I have had enough Parker rambling over you." The guy standing beside Catherine said and I look over at Parker who already is looking at me from the coach. I averted my gaze from him and look at another person in the room. I smiled at him but all he did was look deathly at me and when Catherine nudge him, he glared at her and run up the stairs.

"Sorry, Bella. He is my brother Sky. Let's say we are not in good terms. So he is being an ass now" Parker explained.

"It's okay no need to be sorry," I said as I took a seat beside him

"Nop. Nop. Bella. You're not going to sit there." Catherine shakes her head weirdly. "You." she pointed at me, "follow me to the kitchen. I'm not going to cook lunch all by myself." And here I thought she was not allowing me to sit beside Parker.

"Catherine!!!" Both Logan and Parker whined. "She is our guest Poobear!!" That was from Logan.

Poobear? Are they two a thing or what? I look at Parker quizzically and he nods, smiling at me. How does he know what I was quizzing about?

Before Catherine open her mouth, I butted in," So where is the kitchen?"

Everybody looked at me. And I smiled. Awkwardly.