Chapter 7

"So what are you working as?'' I asked Catherine, adding some oregano to the chicken I'm marinating.

"Well, I'm a journalist at Boston's Daily Newspaper...I usually cover the gossips section."

"Woah. A journalist for serious? My God. I really attracted to journalism and people in that sector. Journalists are way too cool and no wonder you're so cool.." I was literally hyperventilating. Journalism is one of the jobs that make every day an adventurous day and I just love it.

"Thanks, Bella... Guess you love journalism so much", she laughed and put the marinated chicken in the oven. " But then, why you didn't become a journalist?"

"Um well. I love journalism but it's really doesn't suits my personality. Basically, I'm an introvert," Catherine chuckled, " and I've got this problem where it's really hard for me to start up a conversation or keep it going. So literally journalism is my unrequited love.." I smiled at Catherine who looks at me like I'm an interesting specimen.

"Why.. you looking at me like... that.." I asked.

"Now I know why that jerk loves you." She smiled creepily and I was totally lost it when she said the L-word.

"Love me? Who" I exclaimed looking at her.

Before she could say anything, "Catherine.." A deep voice calls her.. Parker stands at the door frame of the kitchen. He looks annoyed. "Logan needs your help in fixing, I don't know what but he is in his room." He tightens his arms which were crossed over his chest.

"Bella, please look over the oven. Sorry I have an idiotic boyfriend." She quickly walks past me out of the kitchen leaving me all alone with Parker. This is our very first time to be in the same room alone. Goosebumps booms on my spine when our eyes locked. He looks at me intensely and all I could do was standing there like a zombie. And when he started walking towards me, I immediately turn on my back and turn off the stove that cooks the sauce.

"Would you wanna taste it, Parker?" I asked as I scoop a spoon of sauce in the sake of easing the awkwardness.

"Taste what?"

My whole system stops functioning when I hear him. He is too close to me. I can clearly feel his presence behind me and literally feel his breath on my neck. I drop the spoon and in a flash, I turn back facing him. Facing a man who looks at me intensely. His brown orbs bored into mine. He is dangerously irresistible.

"What you want me to taste Bella?" He whispered and slowly put his hands on my waist all the way knocking up the air out of my lungs.

His eyes are now on my lips. He started to move. His head descends slowly. My grips on the counter tightened harder. His minty breath fanned over my dried lips. Fuck butterflies. I feel whole damn zoo inside me right now. And before it reaches my brain and makes no sense, I push him off me, not hardly. "Parker". My voice was super low. But he never moves an inch. The only thing moving was his fingers on my waist and his descending head.

"Get a room you two'' Interrupts a rather very arrogant voice, which eventually makes Parker move away from me.

There stands at the door frame of the kitchen smirking sexily. Sky, the nightmare's brother.

And for both of our surprise, he winks at me.

God, I hate the Mitchells!!!