Chapter 8

"I'm smashing it dude!!" shouted Logan and tap his chest using the badminton racket. A wide grin plastered on his face much to annoy Parker because Parker is so bad in playing badminton. Believe me, 15-2, the score is. No wonder his face turns pale when Logan insists to play badminton after lunch. The lunch was merely fine.

A little sprinkle of joy, fun, tips, and a huge splash of awkwardness between me and Parker.

When Sky made a comment at the kitchen, all we two did was standing there like a caught thief. But when he winks at me we two lost it and I personally became a goldfish. The next thing I know was a spatula fly in his direction and luckily Sky avoided it but not Logan. It smacks right on his head. And the rest quarrel is history. But from the quarrel, I found out that Logan is Parker's second cousin.

"Asshole!!" shouted back Parker and miss the shuttlecock. I smiled looking at him, standing at the cover porch facing their backyard. Catherine had to go to her work as something emergency came up.

The first day I met Parker, one year ago, seems like yesterday. I have read somewhere, that in our life we will meet someone who we never see coming. The connection we had with them can't be explained. It knocked us off our feet because we never planned for it. I never planned for it. All my life, I have to work hard to make people stay in my life. But Parker, he comes in my life so easily that it doesn't seem possible. But for how long he will be there?

"He never learns."

I look back at the back door. Sky stands there looking at the two playing badminton. I don't know when he came here. He doesn't even join us for lunch. But here he is trying to make a conversation with me. Interesting? No.

"Yeah. He is terrible in badminton." I said and looks back at them. Parker being frustrated is funny to watch.

"And in choosing women." He came stands beside me, with his hands on the pocket, still looking at Parker. Arrogant much.

"Oh. You can teach him then, both badminton and way to choose women. If..you're good at it." I said and fake smiles at him. This time Sky looks at me and smirked.

"Defending your man?."

"Yes I'm defending, but not my man.." I retort back.

"Don't tell me that you're two just friends." He questioned, lifting up his left eyebrow. He got black orbs. When I didn't answer back Sky looks at me and laugh unbelievably. But that didn't last for minutes as suddenly he looked at me doubly. And now it's my turn to raise an eyebrow.

"But you two were about to kiss at the kitchen?"

"Um... We were not. He was just telling me something secretly."

GREAT.

"Am I looks like a stupid for you. It's clear that you're lying. Did that idiot ask you to keep you two's relationship secret?" He mocks and threw a pebble that hits Parker on his head. Parker winced little and look in our direction. When he saw us, he dropped the racket and started walking fast towards us.

"Hey bro, "Sky called Parker who was already on his way towards us. "I already like this girl. Thank you for inviting your friend over here. Finally, I can get a girl." Sky shouted and walk past me into the house in a flash.

What on the earth happened just now?

If Sky is a flash then Parker is super flash. After hearing what his brother said, he was super quick to reach me. He looks annoyed.

"What did he say? How dare him?" Parker shouted looking at nothing in the direction of Sky runoff.

"Relax mate. He is just goofing around. You know him" Logan said calmly and walk past us into the house.

"Tell him to behave Logan. She is mine.." He said and I stared. I stared at a man who just claimed I'm his. First time hearing such words from a man. This is different. What I'm feeling now is different. Is this is the feeling where humans failed to breathe but live? He makes my heart flutters.

"I'm not Parker," I whispered only for he can hear.

"Uhh..." The corner of his eyes shrinks as he looks at me confused. He runs his fingers through his black jet hair.

"I'm not yours," I said, biting my lips. Hardly.

"Yet." He said firmly, looking straight at me. He looks mad and a little bit sexy. All my nerves run wild when his eyes slowly move to my lips. The brown orbs turn darker. He took a step forward and I lost my body function. His fingers slowly reach my lips and softly pull down my lower lip that I'm biting hard.

"Don't bite your lips, Bella. A man can't be in control at all the time." He walks back into the house, knocking down all my senses and logic.

"Come, I send you back home."