Chapter 18

Parker's POV

My fingers play drums on the steering wheel as I patiently wait in my car for her. Bella. My love lady. There she is, buying some flowers from the roadside florist. When we leave her house, she said she needs to buy a flower bouquet. For what reason, I have no idea. The only thing she said was, drive the car to Sheraton Hotel at West Roxbury.

As usual, I'm spellbound on her beauty. My eyes drink all of her. Her black hair, which is nor curl or straight, sways rhythmically. Withholding the roses she picked on her right hand, she tugged her hair using her left hand. The white shirt and slacks hug her figure perfectly, so I look around wondering if anyone is ogling at her. When I make sure there is no one ogling her, I returned my eyes back to her. Bella is nor thin or plump. Petite. That's what she is. Cute, short, beautiful, sexy, and uggh!!!

The florist says something that makes her laugh a little, as she handed over the roses to the old lady. And I groan as my right hands tap my chest. "Isabella.," I whispered. My fingers run through my hair messing it up, the way she messing up my mind and heart. "Why you have to be this beautiful.." I punch the steering wheel. There is an overwhelming heart is beating inside me which makes me go nuts. Just take a look at her. Two eyes will be not enough for witnessing an art like her. God!!

I still remember how her lips taste. She tastes like heaven. When I kiss her, I'm not kidding but the time did stop. My whole damn world stopped. For sure, this is not my first kiss. But all the kisses I had with any other girls go meaningless when my lips met hers. It was pure bliss. She is bliss. And now seeing her walking towards my car, with roses in her hand, I want to kiss her again and again.

And again.

Bella opens the passenger door. Her sweet smell instantly flooded my car. She sits, closes the door, situates the bouquet between her thighs, then threw a smile at me.

And I'm thousands of time sure, that I'm highly addictive of this woman.

********************

Isabella's POV

"The meeting is on the second floor."

"Alright. Thank you, Miss."

I beamed a smile at the receptionist and walk back to Parker whose eyes roams all over the hotel lounge. As usual, Parker wears his trademark brown jacket, which makes him look bad and intimidating. "Are you broken or something?". I walk past him, knowing he will follow my steps.  "Because you keep on wearing the same jacket." There were some people waiting for the elevator to open.

He smirked, then spoke."I've not broken Bella. Don't worry."

As soon the elevator door opens, peoples rush into it pushing whoever on their way. I have no idea why people keen on pushing each other when it comes to entering an elevator. Chill people, it's just an elevator, not a door to treasure.

Parker's hand somehow find mine, as we try to get into the elevator without pushing anyone. His fingers entwined with mine as the elevator door closes making a wild feeling to blossoms in my whole circulatory system. He looked straight at the closed elevator door, ignoring my stare.

All this blossoming will ends by today. It's time to say goodbye Parker.

****************

Parker's POV

I followed her, heart racing with its beats while minding with its thoughts. I kept it cool even when thousands of questions run inside me.

Why she brings me to a ballroom?

Are we attending any family function?

What could happen that she firmly believes today is the last day of our journey?

EVERY LIFE COUNTS CHARITY DINNER. That's what written on the fancy information board. "Are we attending a charity dinner, Bella?" I ask confused but all Bella did was smile beautifully at me and enters the ballroom. And I followed her like a lost puppy.

Hundreds of red color table cloth draped round tables seated around the extravagance ballroom. Spotlights and three-four chandeliers enhance the beauty of the room. Men on suit and women on dress scattered around. This is a place where rich kids go. 

My thoughts were interrupted when a man at his forties in suit walk pass me, addressing Bella. "Hi, Bella.Glad you make it to here." And he hugged her. My fingers form into a fist in my jacket's pocket, seeing Bella hugging him back.

Is this jealousy or possessiveness?

After what it felt like an eternity, they stopped hugging. Bella smiles gracefully and handed the bouquet to the men in suit. Why she is giving the bouquet to him? Is he her fiancee or something, that's why she brings me here? But he looked old? If he is her fiancee, then why she let me kiss her? So she does like me, right?

"Here the flowers.Congrats on your achievement Uncle Lee.."

Damn!

I blow out, shaking my head in embarrassment. It's her uncle and here I'm thinking she is already engaged with this man. How worse you can be Parker?

"Parker.."Bella's voice brings me back from my stupid inner conflict. "Meet Mr.Lee." She steps beside me. "Uncle, this is Parker. A  friend of mine." The Asian man smiles, making his eyes disappear. I'm not being racist. I'm just stating what I'm seeing. "Friends uhh" He jokes as he extends his hands.

Well, what a gentleman he is. Giving handshake for a man but hug to a woman.