Chapter 9

Parker POV

I parked my car,1969 Toyota 2000GT, in front of Bella's house. This car is my family's car. Passed from my late grand-grandparents to my grandparents to my parents and now to me. It's our family tradition where the eldest child of each generation has to take care of this car. For the people with zero knowledge about cars, this is just an old modified car. But not for people who have a knack on cars.

"Thanks, Parker.. and uhh sorry too.." Bella's soft voice rings throughout my car. She swiftly pulls off the seat belt and looks at me. The drive was miserably quiet. She doesn't even glance at my side. I should have not made that move at home.

You scared her dickhead.

What can I do? Bella and the way she bites her lip.God...Thanks, me I didn't kiss her back in porch or at the kitchen. As I said, a man can't always be control of himself.

I moved on my seat so that now I'm completely sitting facing her with my elbow on the steering wheel. I try to be cool, but GOD KNOWS how speedy my heartbeat is now or basically whenever she is around me.

"What is that sorry for?" I ask and let my eyes freely roam over her boldly because.. I can't help myself. Her eyes were on the gearbox and she fidgets with her fingers on her lap. I want to hold her hands.

I.JUST.CAN'T.HELP.MYSELF.

You sound like a pussy, Parker.

"For nothing. I have this weird habit of asking sorry for almost everything." She laughed a little. She tugs a strand of black hair behind her ear and looks at me. "Sorry for that" She apologies again for nothing. A small smile on her lips. Her face and eyes glow in the dark night with the help of street lamps.

And at this precise moment, I want to kiss her. So badly.

Pushing away both the lustful thoughts and the heat creeping on my body, I tear my eyes away from her. She is driving me crazy.

"Goodbye then.." For both of our goods, I bid goodbye first. If I let her anyone second in this car, I will destroy her lips. I know.

"Oh..I mean yeah... Goodbye Parker.." She opens the car door and I sit back in the driving position. I could feel the disappointment in her voice.

The urge to ask her to stay a little longer is infinity. Bella closes the car door, once she steps out of the car. She didn't look my way. I know I had hurt her. I shouldn't have bid goodbye abruptly. I stare at her, walking funny towards the doorsteps. Her walks are funny. I still remembered the night I followed her home. The same walk. Nothing had changed in this one year gap except her beauty. My grips on the steering wheel tightened. I forced myself to sit still, if not I know I will stop her and ruins everything.

Look at me, Bella. Look at me...

She climbs up the stairs to her doorstep. She never going to look my way, I know. I turn the keys in the ignition, starting the car, eyes still on her. Bella opens her house door and stands there for a second. She looks like she is restraining herself from doing something. I pray her to turn and look at me but she never moves an inch. Before she closes her door on my face again, before she can hurt me again, I sped off from her house.

I'm a fucking coward.

*****************

"The lover boy is back.." Giggles Cat, with Logan by her side on the couch. I ignore them two, climb up the stairs to my room. Removing my jacket, I lifelessly fall on the bed, adjusting the pillow first. My heart and mind are still on a certain person living in Chandler street.