Chapter 11

"Thank you Jen.." Jen, the cleaner of the hospital smiles at me and gets out of the staff's room as her work is done. It's left thirty minutes more for the lunch break, so I shut down the computer and starts to filter out files of today's appointees.

My mind involuntarily drifts to Parker. No matter how much I put myself busy with chores, showering, cooking, movie, eating eventually I ended up thinking about him. Even when I'm pooping. I know it's gross.

The night two days before when I turn back to look at him, he was already drive off. I just stand there still, staring in the direction where his car disappeared, comprehending what I did for this kind of rudeness.

After that night, he disappeared like one year ago. But this time I didn't hope him to appear back because one-time disappointment is enough. But still,... One moment he is all over me, then another moment he is not there like he is not even existed in my life before.

He is running through my blood effortlessly like oxygen, and I'm afraid one day I'll die because of oxygen deficiency.

You're weird Bella...

With exhaling loudly, I stand up, getting my purse and car key. I need to get myself from this room and him out of my system. And I need to have my lunch too. Adjusting my white coat, I descend the stairs to ground level as the ultrasonography department is just at the first level. The hospital was crowded with worried faces. Everywhere I turn, there is unbearable pain. If hell and heaven exist, then here it is.

I walk past everyone in my way towards the exit, vaguely smiling at them. Hoping my kind gesture will give them a little strength to face their fate in hospital rooms. And in time I walk out of the hospital and head towards where my car parked.

My steps came to halt. I was so worried about people's fate inside the hospital. But how about mine? Do I really have the strength to face my fate? I guess no, considering how my heart skips a beat when I saw him.

Life always surprises you.

There he is standing beside my old Volkswagen, hands stuffed in his brown leather jacket, a tight white shirt displaying his fit body, with nothing to hide his irresistible eyes.

My grip on car key tightens giving a sharp pain to my hand, but all my pain goes senseless when his eyes meet mine. With the shivering on my spine, the world goes quiet.

I slowly took steps, vaguely hearing the birds chirping and cars speeding. But nothing comes closer to the sound of my heartbeats. It's not at a normal pace. The air around me feels lighter as my legs slowly reached him. "Hi, Parker..". He studied me. But the moment he smiles gently and looked away, I fall right back into his spells. He took my breath away.

"The doctor's coat suits you, Bella." He licked his chapped lips. His eyes back to mine.

"Thank you but it's a lab coat.," I said and looked away, smiling.

His face turns confused."Oh, both coat looks the same. I don't find any difference.."

"Why you're here Parker?". Some of my colleagues walk past us. Even though they act like they don't care but their scrutinizing eyes never helped. Probably this is their first time seeing me with an unfamiliar man at my workplace.

"Let's have lunch together.." His words bring me back into the car park. I blinked, looking at him. Did he ask me to have lunch with him?

"What?" I raised my eyebrow.

"It's your lunch break right? So I'm here to accompany you.." he says and taps the passenger door, gesturing me to unlock my car. I was a loss at words as I unlock the car and walk past him towards the driver's side. I hear the opening and closing sound of the car door at his side. A small smile finds its way on my face. I shake my head slightly, smiling little.