Chapter 8

Megan's POV

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since I've talked to Shawn. Two weeks since I've babysat Aaliyah.

I've looked over from my window a couple of times and he's just sitting there staring at my window.

I admit that I miss him. I miss him a lot. I just wish he hadn't hurt me like that.

He's called and texted a bunch of times but I don't have the strength to answer. I'm just too sad.

"Megan? Let me just talk to you. I need to explain." he says from the window. I ignore him and sit in silence, looking at my ceiling. Two minutes later my door bursts open.

"Megan just let me talk to you." Shawn pleads.

I lay in my bed turned away from the door. I feel a tear fall down the side of my face, but wipe it away instantly.

"Megan. You know how much I love you. I didn't want to hurt you. That's why I didn't tell you."

"Are you kidding me Shawn? Look at me. Do you know how much you hurt me?" I say while sniffling.

"Megan, just-" I cut him off. "It hurts Shawn. It hurts even more that YOU kissed HER."

"Woah woah woah. What? I would never EVER kiss her. She kissed me. I would never do that, Meg. I love YOU. Only YOU. That's why I've been trying to call you."

"But Sarah told me-"

"Look, she forced herself on me, and kissed me. I pushed her off of me right away. I would never, ever, hurt you Megan. You have to trust me. I'm so serious about you--about us."

I'm shocked. Sarah lied to me. I feel terrible. I've been ignoring him for the past two weeks because of Sarah.

"Shawn- I- I'm so sorry." I say while crying. I get up and hug him.

He hugs me back. He makes me feel safe as he holds me.

"It's okay."

"No it's not. I'm so sorry. Sarah told me that you kissed her. I'm such an idiot. I'm so sorry." I say whole sobbing into his shirt. "I have no idea why I believed her. I can't believe I-"

"Shhh. It's okay." he says. "Come with me okay?" he says. He leads me out the door to his house.

He brings me up to the office that has a bunch of fan art in it.

He motions me to sit in an office chair. I do as I'm told and he grabs his guitar.

He starts playing.

Give me love like her

Cause lately I've been waking up alone

Paint splattered tear drops on my shirt

He looks at me in the eyes and keeps singing.

Give a little time to me or burn this out

Well play hide and seek to turn this around

All I want is the taste that your lips allow

My my

My my

Give Me Love

"Shawn I love you so much. You have no idea. I'm so sorry." I say.

"No I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. You mean the world to me. I love you to the moon and back." he says.

He puts his lips against mine. This kiss, this kiss meant something more than the other ones.

I pull away.