Chapter 49

Shawn's POV

I wake up in the morning to snow flakes falling against my window.

It's been a week and two days since Megan and I told each other about the tours. We hung out all week. Monday was ice skating, Tuesday was the mall, Wednesday was lunch together, Thursday was a lazy day together, Friday was a New Year's Eve so we had our kiss at midnight, Saturday we made a snowman, Sunday was a dinner together, Monday we played at the park, and Tuesday we just layed together in bed in complete silence. It was nice actually. Were leaving tomorrow and I'm so fucking depressed. I want to go on tour but I also don't want to be separated from Meg. "Are you okay?" My mom asks me peaking in through my door.

"No." I sigh. I feel a year fall from my cheek. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asks while sitting down on my bed. I sit up. "Sure I guess." I say. "Megan and I are both going on tour at the same time. Andrew said this could make me big, huge, in the singing business. I want to be famous, but I love Megan. I love her so much and I have no idea what I'm gonna do without her. She always talks about long distance relationships. She doesn't like them. She never wanted to be in one. My heart has broken in the a million pieces and I have no idea what to do." I say. By now, crying. I'm crying so hard. My mom sighs an pulls me into a hug.

"Look Shawn, there's a lot if other girls out there. Maybe Megan is the one, maybe she's not. If you two are holding each other back from achieving both of your guys dream then you're not making yourselves happy. I know you love Megan. If you guys break up during tour, there's always a chance of you guys getting back together in the end right?" She explains. "I guess." I say sniffling. "I'll leave you. Think about that Shawn. If date brings you back together at the end, maybe it's meant to be." she says. She kisses my cheek and walks out of my room, closing the door behind her.

Maybe my mom is right.

Megan's POV

I sit in my bed surrounded in tissues. "Megan," my mom says opening the door. "You need to get out of the house. You look so depressed." she says. "Cause I am." I say crying. "If you don't want a long distance relationship you need to break up with him." My mom starts. "No shit." I say. "I get that you're sad but don't talk to me that way. I'm trying to help you." she explains. "Okay, okay. Sorry." I say. "I wasn't finished. As I was saying, You need to break up with him and in the end if fate brings you back together then maybe it's meant to be." she says. She closes the door and leaves me to think.

I get up and get ready. I brush my teeth and my hair. I put my hair up in a perfect bun. I put on floral print leggings, a white sweater, and black boots.

I walk downstairs and walk to Shawn's. I ring the doorbell. Mrs. Mendes answers. "He's upsatirs." she says smiling. I thank her and walk upstairs. I get to his door and take a deep breath. I open it slightly and see him laying down on his bed playing his guitar.

"Hi." I say awkwardly. "Hey." he says putting his guitar down. I sit down on the bed with him. We sit there in silence just looking at each other. It's super awkward.

He pulls me into a hug. I hesitate at first but the. I hug him back. "I love you so much." he said. "Did you get a mom talk?" I ask him. "Yes." he says smiling. "Shawn, I-I don't want to leave you. " I say crying. "Hey, hey don't cry. You know how hard it is for both of us. We have to stay strong, for each other." he says wiping the tears away from my cheeks. "Shawn I can't. I'm so sorry." I say crying. "I'm sorry too." Shawn says.

We sit there for hours saying how sorry we were and crying. It was awful. "I love you so much." I say to him. I look at the time and it's 6:00 already. "Well, I have to go pack." I say getting up. "Same." he says sniffling. He sighs and gets up with me. He walks me out the door to my house.

I kiss him and go in my house. I close the door and slide down it. Why me. Why fucking me. I hate this so much. Why do we have to be apart.

I go upstairs and start to pack all my clothes. My phone starts ringing. It's Elizabeth. I answer it.

"Hello?" I ask. "Hello Megan! I was just checking up on you to see how everything's going." she says. "Great." I lied. "The boys are very happy you're coming on tour especially the blonde one." she say excitedly. "Who? Luke?" I ask while my cheeks at red. "Yes! That's his name! I couldn't quite figure it out! Well I have to go darling. Lovely talking to you!" She says and hangs up.

Shawn's POV

"Mom! Where's my red beanie?!" I shout. "In the dryer!" She responds. My phone starts ringing. I look at it and it's Lauren. I answer it. "Hello?" I ask. "Hey. I haven't seen you in a while and decided I would just call." she says. I can imagine her smiling over the phone. "Hey Laur!" I say. "So I heard you're going on tour." she says. "Yep." I say. "With Taylor Swift! That's amazing!" She says. "Thanks." I say. I thought about this for a while. There was a long silence. "Um Laur? Can I ask you a question?" I ask. "Ya go ahead." she says. "Um- Do you want to come with me on tour? Ian's busy with stuff and so is the rest of the squad so I was thinking-" I start. "I would love to go." she says. "Great. You better start packing because we leave tomorrow." I say. "You got it. Bye." she says. "Bye."

I sigh and start packing again.

----

Awww. Muffin Buddies or Muke?

Make sure you guys keep this in your library when it's done because I might do a sequel! WHOOT!

Buhh

-@muffin_mendes