Chapter 10

Megan's POV

"Aaliyah? Are you ready for school?" I yell upstairs. "Yes! Hold on!" She says back.

I check myself in the mirror. I fix my red hoodie, and look at my black camo leggings and my Air Forces. God, I am horrifyingly basic.

"Shawn let's go! We still have to drop off your sister!" I say. "I'm coming! I'm coming!" he says running down the stairs with his khaki guitar case and his back pack.

Aaliyah comes downstairs and runs outside.

Everyone gets out of the house and I lock the front door. We get into Shawn's car and go to Aaliyah's school.

"Bye Aaliyah! Call us when you need to get picked up!" I yell as she walks away. She gives me a thumbs up signaling that she heard me.

We speed off to our school and park in the parking lot.

We rush inside to our first class together. We get to the classroom right when the bell rings.

"Well it is about time you two showed up. I'll let you go by this time but next time it's a slip." The teacher says.

We walk to our desks and die of boredom for the next hour.

~After School~

*RING*

I pick up my phone and it's Aaliyah.

Hey Aaliyah. Everything ok?

Yep! I'm ready.

Ok well be there in about 20 minutes. Is that ok?

Yes. Thanks!

Ok bye!

I grab all my books and wait for Shawn near the flag pole.

"Hey babe." he says coming up behind me and wrapping his muscular arms around my waist.

I giggle. "Hey. We need to pick up your sister. C'mon." I say trying to pull away from his grip.

"Fine." He says letting go of my waist. He grabs my hand and we walk to his car.

"Look who it is." Sarah says stepping in front of us.

I roll my eyes and try to step around her.

"So Shawn. We should go hang out soon." she said like I was invisible. "No thanks. I'm just gonna hang out with my girlfriend," He said. She is literally insane.

We walk past her and he opens the passenger door for me.

He gets in and starts the engine. "Is she insane or is it just me?" I say. "It's weird how you guys used to be best friends," he said, backing out of his parking spot.

He starts driving to Aaliyah's school. He parks the at and we go out to get her.

"Hey Aaliyah!" I say hugging her. "How was school?" Shawn asks. "Fun i guess." she says. "You're lying schools never fun." I say while laughing.

"Yes I am. Now let's get out of this jail." she said running to the car.

Shawn and I walk to the car together. "Aaliyah do you want ice cream?" I ask. "Sure!" she says.

We go to the ice cream shop. She orders hers and I order Mine.

She eats her ice cream and Shawn and I share ours.

We finally get home and she how upstairs to do her homework.

I jump down on the couch exhausted. "I don't know how our parents do this." I say.

"I know." Shawn says jumping next to me.

"Megan?"

"Yes?"

"I just wanted to let you know that I love you." he says.

"I love you too." I say hugging him.

We did our homework together which only took like 2 hours.

Aaliyah went to her friends house so it's just me and Shawn.

"Do you wanna go somewhere?" I ask. "No let's just stay here." he says putting his arm around me.

"Come here." he said getting up and putting his hand out.

I take his hand and he spins me around. He starts humming Lego House by Ed Sheeran.

We start dancing together. We keep doing this for 10 minutes.

I look up at him. "Shawn?"

"Yes beautiful?"

"This is so stupid," I say while laughing.

"Enjoy the stupidness," he says while spinning me around.

"I love you so much Shawn." I say into his chest, while smiling.

"I love you more than anything." he says.

"You wanna go night swimming?" he asks. "Yes!" I say.

We run upstairs and get changed into our bathing suits.

We race downstairs into his backyard.

"Let's jump in together ok?" Shawn says. "Ok. 1...2...3!" I say.

He jumps in and I let go of his hand and stay on the edge.

He comes up to the surface. "Megan!" he says laughing.

"Come on. Jump." he says opening his arms.

I jumped into the pool splashing him with water.

We play around for about an hour.

He picks me up an I wrap my legs around his waist.

"Fuck you?"

"Fuck you." he says laughing.

I peck him on the lips.

After swimming for an hour, it starts to get pretty cold. "Can we go inside? It's getting kinda chilly." I say.

"Yep. Let's go." he says not putting me down.

"Wait Shawn put me down first." I say laughing. "Nah it's ok." he says.

He carries me to his room and lays me down on the bed.

"Thank you Shawn"

"No problem. You should sleep. You had a long day. I'll stay up and let Aaliyah in when she comes back." he says

"Thanks. I love you." I say. "I love you too." he says kissing me.

"Goodnight."

----

this was a filler chapter sorry bois

😘

-@muffin_mendes