1

Athen Elle Carter
2 years later

"Miss Carter the interviews are tomorrow, you have to be back in the office at seven" Donna says.

"Right, I'm already on the way home and I'll be there not a minute later" I end the phone call and turn to Erica. "Everything okay?" she asks me.

"Yep, we have to be back by seven am" I tell Erica grabbing my cocktail. "Will we make it?" Erica asks.

"Definitely" I give her a nod then lays back. "Now enjoy this Miami sun, we don't get this in New York" I laugh and Erica nods in agreement.

-
I walked in to my office at 6:59, like I said not a minute late. "Sam how can I help?" I ask skeptically, it wasn't everyday your boss turns up in your office.

"Athena as managing partner I don't expect you to take spontaneous holidays like that especially when we're so close to hiring" he shakes his head disappointingly. "Relax Sam, I'm here aren't I?" I twirl around then sit on my chair.

"I can't even be mad, you're so good at your job" He says. "Anyway due to your fashion show next week we want to prepare for the next one in January" he explains pacing around.

"That's seven months away" I state and he nods. "Yep and we need to be prepared the competition is getting impressively high" he exaggerates.

"has Empire Zane ever been at the bottom of the charts?" I raise an eyebrow. "You're right that's why we need the best possible candidates to model. This is just round one: the personality and skill test" he says.

"Then so on and so on. I've split the applications in three random groups. Group One with Eliot, group two with you and group three with me. We have fifty each and I need it narrowed down to twenty five, the rules and requirements are on your desk. Call in the first person whenever you're ready. Good luck they're... different this year" he finally finishes then leaves.

I clean my office a little then walk out to Erica who looks up from her desk. "Have you seen them?" I ask.

"Oh yeah" she nods widening her eyes. "Talk me through them" I sigh leaning against the wall.

"I mean they are pretty but I literally heard one them say 'when do we meet the males'" she mocks in a high pitch voice making me laugh. "Total bitches some of them, I'd wish you luck but I know you'll send them out here crying" she shrugs leaning back on her chair.

"I'm not that harsh" I brush her off. "Send the first one in" I nod, gets up walking over to the waking area and I sit down.

The first girl walks in, I take in her appearance then stand up to shake her hand. "Miss Carter its a pleasure, I'm Kayla" she's cute.

"Kayla please sit down" I pull out her file then close it looking up at her. "How'd you pick out your outfit this morning?"

"I chose it last night. It's smart but chic" she nods. "What made you go for yellow and red, they're quite daring colours wouldn't you say?"

"In my opinion you can make any colours work if you believe you can make them work" she says with confidence. "I like you, I hope to see you soon Kayla" I get up and she shakes my head. "Expect a call back" I tell her and she walks out with a big smile on her face.

"Nicely done" Erica walks in. "One down fifty to go" she huffs then walks out, soon a blonde girl walk in.

She sits down immediately and sits up pushing her boobs out. "How do I get the job? I'll do anything" she squeaks.

I laugh sitting back in my chair. "It's polite to introduce yourself first" I scoff.

"Oh I'm-"

"Not interested, please leave" I walk over to the door opening it. "But- but"

"I said leave" I tell her. She gets up walking out and I walk over to Erica. "Uff that was something" she laughs.

"I know right, are you listening in?" I ask her. "Hell yes, I love seeing mean Athena" she exclaims. "Send in the next person, I'm gonna grab some water" I tell her then walk away.

I got to the vending machine waiting in line. I fix my skirt pulling it up a little and re- tucking in my top. I quickly pay for my water then walk back to see Erica walking up to me.

"Give me the run down" I sigh. "This one brought in her boyfriend apparently he's gonna be joining her and since I'm not as harsh as you I couldn't tell her no" she tells me.

"Yikes" I pull a face leaning against the wall. "Well you ready for basic facts?" She asks. I nod then drink my water.

"She's kinda tall, blonde, green grey eyes. She sounded like she was from Canada" she tells me. "What was she wearing?" I ask.

"Tight blue thigh length dress from last year's Prada summer collection"

"Uff that's an alright choice I guess" I shrug. "Shoes?" I ask. "Dior nude heels"

"Blue dress and nude heels? Now that's something" I shudder. "And a red lip" Erica adds in. "Jheeze red lip too?" I pull a face of disgust.

Now this one was going to be a challenge, I could already feel it.