75

Athena Elle Carter

"Finally" Shawn mumbles. His nose presses against my neck, pressing a soft kiss to my skin as Haze quietens down.

"He needs to be on his best behaviour" Shawn says. "I know, my parents are so hard to please" I say half heartedly. Theo had convinced sam, mum and dad to come to my home in Canada to see baby Haze.

I was beyond nervous despite them being my own blood, this whole thing had me shaking.

"They're gonna be here in twenty minutes" Shawn says looking down at his watch. "Hmm let me change Haze and I'll quickly get ready" I get up from the bed. Shawn places a hand on my back following me.

"How're you feeling?" He asks me whilst I put haze down on his changing mat so I could dress him. My baby boy wriggling around grabbing at his tiny feet bringing them up. I chuckle down at him before answering Shawn.

"I'm okay, I'm going to talk civilly, normally and I'm gonna keep my cool. Calm and collected" I say rubbing my fingers down hazes soft tummy. I lean down peppering his tummy in kisses making him kick excitedly.

"Hey hazey" I coo. I had fallen in love with Haze. He completely had me falling at his feet.

Shawn laughs standing behind me. His hands going on my waist. "Anything you want me to do?" He asks. His large hands rubbing my sides up and down, almost slipping up my thighs due to the t-shirt dress I was wearing. He subtly pulls my dress up and moves his hands to my waist, feeling around my underwear. I knew he was indicating that he wanted us to have sex, take the next step but I wasn't ready.

"No I'm okay" I move away taking Haze with me. I hear Shawn sigh but I ignore it. I put Haze down on my bed and get changed into a pair of black and white plaid pants and a plain white tee. Haze wore a tiger print onesie that Theo had bought him.

Once I'm done getting dressed Shawn takes my arm twirling me into him. My hands go to his strong chest, his lips press against mine urgently.

"You're so beautiful" He mumbles about to slip his tongue in but I move away, I Of course enjoyed the kiss but this wasn't the time.

"Not the time for this" I tell him. "It's just a kiss" he shrugs. "It felt like you wanted more" I blurt out immediately regretting it when I see his smile fall. "Like what?" He asks raising his brows.

"It doesn't matter Shawn" I move past to him to get Haze. "Just say it Athena, you were obviously implying something" he quickly says.

"You want sex" I huff. "There, is that it?" I ask him completely frustrated.

"That's not what I want Athena" he steps closer to me. "Okay fine, can we just squash this. I'm already stressed enough with my parents-"

The doorbell cuts me off. I brush off whatever I was about to say and I go downstairs, hearing Shawn follow behind me.

I take a few deep breathes then open the door. At first I don't say anything when I see my parents at my doorstep. Then my dad cracks a smile at me.

"Come here" he tells me. I go into his arms and he holds me tightly as I hold Haze. My chest gets heavy and next thing you know I'm crying into his arm.

"What's his name?" Dad asks me. "Haze Flynn" I tell him. "Mendes?" He asks. I hum rubbing my baby's back.

"Well can I hold him?"

I nod moving back. I hand haze over slowly and wipe at my face as I make eye contact with my mum.

"I'm so sorry Athena" she says, barely a whisper. I shake my head going in for a hug. "I missed you so much" I clench my eyes shut just hugging my mum. As hurt as I was, I absolutely adored and loved my family. I know the importance of it and now it means so much more now that I have Haze.

"I feel like such an idiot" Sam says as I go into his arms with no hesitation. "Me too" I whisper.
-

We were all sat around the living room, Theo and Liv had joined us leaving the kids with their babysitter. Right now, all was good. Mum and dad are loving Haze, they've already spoilt him and can't stop playing with him. Sam and Theo are talking more and I'm sat back in Shawn's arms just enjoying this family time.

Despite the little argument me and Shawn had he was still being affectionate towards me. He was acting a little cold towards me but it's fine. I'll just talk with him after and we can just forget about this whole thing.

"I think it's feeding time" mum says as Haze begins to whimper. I get up taking him in my arms. "I'm just gonna go up" I tell them.

"Be quick, I want to hold my grandson again" dad chuckles. I nod smiling then walk away upstairs quickly. I get to mine and Shawn's room then sit up in bed feeding Haze.

I look down at him stroking his tiny arm, my mind still hadn't processed that he was my son.

"Hey"

I look up to see Shawn walking in. "Hi" I smile. He sits in front of me then lays back, his hands going to his hair and shirt lifting up slightly revealing his deep v-line.

"What the matter?" I ask him shuffling a little closer to rub his leg comfortingly. He huffs loudly then gets up. His large hand going to my cheek. "I don't just want sex with you Athena. I mean yeah that's apart of the relationship and obviously I want you, you're so gorgeous and the love of my life. I want to hold you and do all those things with you. I'm just trying to show you I love you" he says without stopping once.

I nod placing my hand over his. "I know. I'm sorry for saying that. And obviously I want you too but my body isn't ready for that yet, you understand right?" I ask. He nods taking my hand, pressing a kiss to my knuckles.

"Whenever you're ready" he smiles gently. I reciprocate the smile but my smile falls when I feel Haze move away and gurgle making me laugh. "Aww sweet baby" I hold him up to my chest rubbing his back.

"I'm glad this is all working out" Shawn smiles. "Me too"