10

Athena Elle Carter

"Totally! He can't just walk back in like that!" Erica says turning to face me as I say on the  counter watching her cook, I was holding Faye in my arms. Her baby girl.

"Right Faye? I'm telling you baby girl you don't need men" I tell her she giggles waving her small hands.

"So are you going to go?" Lucas asks, Erica's husband. "I don't know" I shrug. "You're a guy Lucas, say you know hypothetically, you cheated on a girl years ago and now you want to see her what would you even say?" I ask.

"I don't know" Lucas shrugs. "What if he wants another chance?" Erica says. "Or friends?" Lucas joins in.

"Why would I want to talk to him?" I scoff.

"Athena, I'm going to say it. You guys loved each other and when you told me about him I couldn't help but think maybe you kinda, just a little miss him" Erica says, I look at her wide eyes.

"Come on, just go see what the poor kid wants"  Lucas shrugs. "You guys... what would I say?" I sigh. "Just listen to what he has to say. He said he wanted to talk and you told me you never talked after. You were problems so full with anger on that night that you lost your senses" Erica says gently.

"Ugh why are you right?" I roll my eyes. "Wish me luck" I get off the counter.

"You're going?" Lucas asks. "Yeah, I'll listen to him but that's all" I pass Faye back to Lucas pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Don't stress okay, keep calm" Erica hugs me.

-
I got to the hotel making my way to the lift I was met with a familiar ginger. "Athena?" Brian laughs. "Still getting high?" He jokes.

"Still going for girls out of your league?" I scoff. "Hey I missed you" he pulls me into a hug. "I wish I could say the same" I laugh sadly stepping back.

"He's nervous" Brian says. "I won't lie, I am too"

"He's going to be honest with you, you know. Give him the honesty back" Brian sighs. "I will" I nod. "Quick question"

"Sure go for it"

"Shawn and Lia?" I ask. "They broke up, Lia was totally bad news so bad for him but he just needed someone else, she was dying to be with him and he gave in" he said it like it was such a horrible thing. "He became a dog on her leash" he scoffs then we walk out of the lift.

"Well erm, hopefully I'll see around" he nods at me. "Yeah, maybe" I nod back then turn walking to room 78. I take a few deep breathes then knock. Almost immediately the door opens revealing Shawn in his pyjamas.

"I didn't think you'd come" he says opening the door further. "Well I'm here aren't I"

He nods then let's me in. I walk in and he follows behind me. "Oh wait a second" he walks past me brushing my arm to get to the bed. He moves his suitcase and guitar to the side and lets me sit.

"Can I get you anything?" He ask. "Coffee" I nod. He walks over to the machine he had in his room then returns handing me a cup.

I take it and take my shoes off crossing my legs and sitting up on the bed. "So erm why did you come?" He asks sitting opposite me.

"I went to see my friend, Erica and she said stuff that erm made me come here" I tell him. He runs a hand through his soft looking hair. I looked at his eyes carefully seeing how they looked so tired and red.

"Athena-"
"Shawn-"

We both chuckle looking at each other. "Go first" I insist.

"Well erm, you look nice. Have you cut your hair?" He asks. "I had it dyed darker" I nod.

"Your show was also good, I'm proud of you" he sends me a warm smile. We sit awkwardly for a second.

"That night Athena, I wanted so badly to run after you but I know you, you're stubborn and you wouldn't have listened-"

"You broke my heart, I couldn't stand looking at you" I interrupt him. "Athena" he moves forward placing a hand on my thigh. His touch felt the same, warm.

"I can't explain to you how sorry I am, I spent so many nights dreaming of you wishing I didn't wake up, I would literally use your body wash you left, I couldn't stand other girls because no one compared to you" he sighs, I felt my eyes brim with tears.

"Then I got with Lia, we were together for a year. She cheated on me" he whimpers.

Oh she cheated?

"How did you feel?" I ask, I was cruel but I wanted to hear how much pain it caused him, the same pain I felt.

"She told me in the worse way. Well actually the guy told me. He came up to me and told me how good she was in bed, telling me all these disgusting things. I called her on the spot and she didn't even deny it, she began crying and told me maybe if I was around more I wouldn't have happened" he scoffs.

"It felt like... like shit. Like I wasn't worth it"

"You have no idea what you did to me" I whisper, I put my cup down moving my hair back. He looks at me like it had just clicked in his mind.

What he had done to me happened to him.