45

Here's a long chapter because I haven't uploaded in so long! Enjoy this mess
__

Shawn took me home, I showered and went straight back to the hospital.

The doctors said dad was fine, he was awake and had minor head injuries, he hit his head hard and it could be months or weeks until full recovery. Mum paid for him to be moved into a suite and now we were all here but when I thought I couldn't get worse it did.

"Athena I can't believe you're going to go! You're dad is in the hospital and you want to go to a fashion show?" Mum spits. I knew she was angry and heartbroken, she was acting out like crazy.

"I- I don't want to but I have to. I've spent so much on this show, worked so hard and I can't let it go to waste" I try to explain, of course I wanted to stay with dad but this might never happen again for me.

"Elle, let her go. I know you've worked hard Athena" dad says gently. I give him a warm smile sighing.

"Fine go" Mum huffs sitting down. "You're not coming?" I ask.

She shakes her head no looking away. Dad sighs giving me a small smile, as to say 'it's okay Athena, go'

I open the door walking out to see Shawn stood up waiting for me.

"Ready?" He asks. I nod taking hold of his hand. I had no idea if we we're good right now or what was going on, I just knew I needed him right now more than ever.

-
We finally made it the show after getting ready for an hour. Shawn squeezes my hand gently as I walk back stage seeing everyone dressed in the clothes I had designed, it was really heart warming to see my vision come to life.

"Athena! Oh I'm so excited!" Jeremy pulls me into a hug then he hugs Shawn.

"I'm nervous" I breathe out. Shawn's arm snakes around my waist.

"Don't be! This is all going to be incredible" Jeremy grins. "I'm just going to talk to some guests out front, I'll be right back" he smiles walking away.

I look around feeling my chest tighten. Suddenly Shawn steps in front of me and then takes my hand leading me into a private room.

"I don't know how you're feeling right now darling but I'm here for you. I know we're not doing the best right now and I'm going to tell you everything after the show. For now just take your mind away from that, focus on this because this is a life changing moment in your career Athena" he says placing his hands at the sides of my face.

"I love you so much Athena, you have no idea" his lips press against my forehead and not hat moment he taken one of my weights and put it on his shoulder. "I love you too" I say on the verge of crying.

"Don't cry my love. You look beautiful and you're gonna kill it! Just take your mind somewhere happy and focus there" he says gently.

"You wanna know my happy place?" I ask him. He nods holding eye contact with me.

"The night of the storm" I say, almost whisper. "Yeah?" He asks moving closer to my lips. I nod slowly. I didn't have a care in the world, I just wanted to feel close to him.
-

"Athena! We need you out now, show starts in ten!" Someone's yells. I quickly reach for my bra and Shawn helps me put it back on then he gets his pants back on.

I lean up pressing my lips to Shawn's, just like a kiss in the movies he dipped my body back kissing me passionately. He picks me back up grinning against my lips. Then we walk out giddily getting ready to watch the show.

I stay stood at the side giving the models a good luck before they walk out, I fix up last minute details and watch as they walk down the catwalk in my designs.

"Two more models and Athena you're on" I get told. "Can I have some water?" I ask looking around. Shawn hands me a bottle putting his arms around me again.

I got him to wear a printed damask blazer and trousers and a black shirt. I was wearing an oversized white blazer and thigh high sparkly boots that Jeremy gave to me as a gift.

"I'm scared" I mumble. "You got this Athena, you've worked so hard" Shawn gently runs his hands up and down my arms.

"I think you should go out there alone, this is your time" he presses a kiss to my temple. I nod taking hold of his hands.

"Miss Carter? You're on" I get told. I slowly let go off Shawn. "You've got this. I love you" he quickly kisses my forehead. I hear a few people aww making me heat up. "I love you too" I lean up kissing his cheek then I walk towards the curtain.

"Whenever your ready now" Erica squeezes my shoulder. "It's been a long journey" I breath out shakily.

"And everyone is here too, look at the front row when you get there. I'm so proud of you" she grins at me. I take one more deep breathe then begin walking out. The audience stand and clap as I walk out waving and blowing kisses to them all.

I reach the end of the stage looking down to see my family. Mum, dad, Sam, Theo and his family, even Leo was here. I feel my eyes start to water.

"Hi" I squeak holding up the mic to my lips. It quickly falls silent as everyone listens and the music turns off.

"So I'm Athena" I chuckle. "And I'm so happy that I got to share my vision today. It been a long journey, I'll tell you that... four years or more years I've  dedicated my time to my dream. Of course there were some bumps in the way... I over came them and I just... sorry I don't know why I'm crying" I quickly stop bringing a hand up to my eyes. I turn around feeling my heart get heavy at how overwhelmed I was feeling with everything going on. 

I spot Shawn and he sends me a warm smile. I wave at him to come over to me, I couldn't do this alone.

He walks over to me quickly wiping my eyes and he takes my hand. "You're doing wonderful" he kisses my cheek.

I nod turning back around.

"Sorry" I cheer my throat. "I'm just so happy with everything right now, this- it's been a life long dream and it's crazy to share it today with my family, hi mum, hi dad" I wave making everyone laugh. "And to share it with my brothers, my best friend Erica, seriously that woman is a hero. Also anyone who I got to work with, Jeremy and all the talented models who put up with my moody self" I say and I hear a few cheers from behind the curtain.

"And erm... thank you Shawn" I squeeze his hand and he moves beside me.

"This boy helped me get into this industry and I owe him so much" I stop looking into his shining eyes. "We've been through so much and I'm glad, it's helped me become who I am today. He was also the face the line so thank you Shawn, for everything"

A single tear falls down his cheek.

"Thank you everybody for tonight, I hope I'm back soon. Good night!" I put the mic down earning cheers and clapping.

Shawn twirls me around then presses a his lips against mine as the cameras go off.

He suddenly lets go and reaches for the mic.

"I just need to say this. Athena Elle Carter, I'm so proud of you. You're so incredibly sweet, so adoring and just an angel. I'm so lucky to have you in my life, a beautiful, positive human" he says making everyone aww.

"Athena, will you marry me?" He asks pulling out a box from his pocket. I felt my knees go completely weak.

I wrap my arms around him making him stumble back slightly as I press kisses to the side of his head. "Yes?" He asks.

"Yes!" I move back holding his face in my hand and I lean in for a long kiss not caring who was watching. "I love you" I mumble against him. 

"I love you too darling, forever no matter what happens" he gives me a small smile taking my hand he slides on the ring and then pulls me back into a hug.

"When we get back I'm explaining everything to you" he says in my ear making my heart stop. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"Just go with it" he kisses my cheek. "I'm so sorry Athena" he says pulling back.