14

Athena Elle Carter

I spent the whole night think about what Erica had said. Friends? Like me and Shawn.

It took me a while to process it. It had been so long and maybe I should come to my senses, the right thing as an adult would be to just move on. Well I think.

After being lost in my thoughts I was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Athena!" The person shouts. I go over opening it and Leon walks in grabbing my face in his hands he pulls me in for a long kiss.

"Hmm you look pretty" he kisses down my jaw and chest whilst his hands move around my body. He kicks the door shut then abruptly stops kissing me and pulls back looking confused.

"What's with the flowers?" He asks walking over to the living room. "They're-"

Before I even get to speak someone else knocks at the door. Wow I never have this many visitors. I hold up one finger showing I'll be a minute going over to the door.

I open it up seeing Shawn. "Hi" he smiles.

"Erm hi, what-what's up?" I ask closing the door a little. "Can we talk?" He asks.

I look back at Leon seeing he was in his phone. Well here's were it turns completely awkward.

"Sure, come in" I step to the side and he walks in to the living room and Leon stands up.

"Oh I can go if you're busy" Shawn says nervously turning to face me. "Yeah that would be-"

"No stay" I cut off Leon quickly. I wanted to talk to Shawn. Tell him I was thankful for the flowers and necklace, also tell him that I wanted to try the friends thing but how could I do that with Leon here.

"But babe" Leon walks over to me snaking an arm around my waist. "Babe?" I laugh, i wriggle out of his grip moving near Shawn. Shawn looks down at me confused and so does Leon.

"Leon we are not-"

And then someone else decides to knock on the door. I huff walking over opening the door.

"Hi Athena" he pushes his hand towards me passing me a bunch of red and white tulips. "Thank you Elliot" I pull him in for a hug then move to the side to let him in, the more the merrier right?

I follow him and I hear Leon scoff.

"Tulips?" Leon asks. "They're her favourite" Elliot shrugs. "I thought you liked roses?" Shawn asks gesturing to the box of red roses.

"Erm tulips are my favourite but the roses are pretty too" I smile at Shawn then place the tulips down.

We all awkwardly just stand in my living room. "So Elliot how's everyone at work?" I ask sitting down and the three boys sit down, Elliot beside me, Shawn and Leon on the other two seats.

"Good, everyone still misses you. Erica the most though, she's always grumpy now" he chuckles. "Probably because I'm not there" I say with a laugh.

"Shawn, good to see you" Elliot nods at him. Elliot didn't really know what happened between me and Shawn, I preferred it like that anyway. "Yeah you too" Shawn smiles.

"So Athena I came here because I wanted to ask you out on a date" Leon smirks at me. Why was he acting up now?

"I figured after the other night you'd want a date" he says obviously trying to show the other guys we had sex. "I actually can't" I says pulling my lips in a tight line.

"Why? Got plans with Shawn?" He snorts. "Yes actually I do" I says and his face drops. I look over at Shawn seeing a small smile placed on his lips.

"Athena, I should get going to work. I just wanted to pop round to see how you are" Elliot stands up. I stand up hugging him quickly. "I'll see you soon yeah" I tell him.

"Of course. I'm having a party for my birthday so expect an invite later this week"

"Well you'll see me there, I love a party" I chuckle opening the door for him. "I know you do. Nice seeing you Athena".

I walk back to the living room to see Leon stood up, he takes my arm pulling me to the side. "Why are you doing this Athena? He broke your heart" he whisper yells.

"Leon it was three years ago I need to learn to move on otherwise I'll be wasting my life if I hold a grudge against him" I tell him. "Athena I really hope you don't get hurt" he says sadly.

"I'm alway here" he places a kiss on my cheek then makes his own way out. Well that was...something.

I go back to the living room and Shawn looked up at me with a smile.

"You still wanna talk?" I ask. "Of course" he nods.